Trying to finally finalize my final stocking list

HoldenOn

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I know I've made like 3 other threads trying to figure out what to put in my 29 gallon tank with a pH of 7.6 and a GH of 170 ppm which generally runs at a temperature at or around 77, but this time I think I actually got it.
- 1 bolivian ram (2 if I can find a bonded pair)
-4 peppered corydoras (these are already in the tank)
-3 panda corydoras
-3 julii corydoras

I have a Marineland Penguin 150 with 2 filter cartridges and a bio-wheel. I have a heater and an air stone neither of which are in use right now, but can be put in if needed. I have a sand substrate, and the tank is planted and I'm adding more plants this Sunday.

I would rule out the panda and julii Corydoras if I were you. Just stick with your peppered Corydoras and add more. Corydoras do best when they're in a group of the same species.

I would rule out the panda and julii Corydoras if I were you. Just stick with your peppered Corydoras and add more. Corydoras do best when they're in a group of the same species.
Righto! I was originally going to go with that, and they truly are a great fish. Can't wait to get more!

Do the numbers seem alright though? 10 peppered cories and one or two rams?

What is your tank length and width?

You have mostly bottom level fish.
Your tank will look empty in the middle and top level.
I am thinking if your tank is long enough, you can have a group of schooling fish in the middle or top level.

I am thinking if your tank is long enough, you can have a group of schooling fish in the middle or top level.
It is 30 inches long, and 18 inches tall.

Would I have enough filtration?

It is 30 inches long, and 18 inches tall.

What is the width?
Length and width are more important unless you have tall fish.

Nevertheless, you can add a group of schooling fish like Espei or Harlequin Rasboras (6-10) or other schooling fish.

Some info for you.

I am not too sure about your Corydoras as they will sharing the bottom level with your Rams. Probably you cannot have too many(just my opinion).

Your Marineland Penguin 150 is suitable for tank up to 30gallons (according to the manufacturer).
As long as you don't overcrowd the tank, the filter will be good enough.

Last edited:
So maybe I should look at something that isn't a ram? The cories, maybe a few honey gourami or sparkling gourami?

A ram will work with Corydoras. I had a discussion with @Byron a while back, becuase I wanted to get a ram. I couldn’t get it, because I had neon tetras, and there was a temperature difference.

I have never heard of a ram messing with Cory’s, unless there are two rams breeding, and one strays into its breeding grounds.

Would you rather have a ram or a Gourami? (Decisions, decisions... ;))

I haven't been keeping Corydoras for a long. So, I can't comment on this. I say this because Ram is a Cichlid and Cichlid tend to be territorial.

But according to some or even Pheonix (as above), they are ok with Corydoras.

Most reactions

Back