Tropiquarium Bristol

The one on on Filton avenue has been closed for a good 6 months, so I doubt it's for renovation. If you're around Bristol you want to be trying Almonsbury Garden Center, and the one on the A4, wyvale garden center I think it's called.

thanks for the info on the filton shop...
i am not from bristol so i didn't know..
the one on the wyvale garden centre is maidenhead aquatics.

Almonsbury Garden center. Clean, educated staff, (that is the place is clean and the stock are educated, not that the staff are clean and educated although they do seem to be!) and generally good stock selection.

Can be a bit pricey though.

Almonsbury Garden center. Clean, educated staff, (that is the place is clean and the stock are educated, not that the staff are clean and educated although they do seem to be!) and generally good stock selection.

Can be a bit pricey though.

is it bigger compared to maidenhead aquatics?

It's different. I'd say stock selection was wider, but it's all juvies. If you're after adult/larger fish, stick to wyevale. Almondsbury does not have a marine section.

It's different. I'd say stock selection was wider, but it's all juvies. If you're after adult/larger fish, stick to wyevale. Almondsbury does not have a marine section.

thanks vey much..
i will try visit almondsbury when i am around bristol again.
:good:

Hey all went to tropiquarium in hengrove tody after work not a very big selection but all the fish looked healthy which is the most important thing the staff were happy to help but i didnt get asked the size of my tank or how long its been running which is always nice as you know they just dont sell anything to anyone didnt think the prices were too bad either i bought 4 serpae tetras for 90 pence each and 2 Synodontis petricola 3 quid each id say its probably worth a look if your passing

bunjiweb do you just do catfish or just specialize in them

Hey all went to tropiquarium in hengrove tody after work not a very big selection but all the fish looked healthy which is the most important thing the staff were happy to help but i didnt get asked the size of my tank or how long its been running which is always nice as you know they just dont sell anything to anyone didnt think the prices were too bad either i bought 4 serpae tetras for 90 pence each and 2 Synodontis petricola 3 quid each id say its probably worth a look if your passing

thanks for the info rusty!
i will have a look one day if i don't get lost again :(

Or you guys could take a trip up the M5 40 minutes and come visit me @ J11a

[/end pimp!]

i'll drop by one day Ben!
and thanks for your advice on the other forum topic.
:drinks:

I have visited Tropicquariam a couple of times. It's fine for me as a beginner but I think a medium to advanced keeper may be disapointed. The shop is quite small. It seems the fish are cheap but quite small that suits me. It is shut on Sundays. If you are travelling any distance phone first as the last time I went the fish room was closed and in darkness because of acclimatising new stock. If you want somewhere really good (in my opinion) go to the garden centre at Yatton just outside of Bristol on the Weston road. Not the motorway route. Hope this helps.
Donald

i can't find the place.
my gps points to a kwik-fit garage instead.
i gave up looking and went to maidenhead aquatics instead.

time to change my 4-yr-old gps system.
:/

What system do you have? The GPS card might just need updating :) I'm pretty sure places like Halfords can do it.

Most reactions

Back