Tropical Creatures?

ojo

Reaction score
What can i put in my tank besides fish? i already have 2 red honey gouram and five tetras but want to add something a bit different in a few months, got any ideas i can reserch?

Check out snails, shrimps, frogs, crayfish, crabs. Not all will be compatible with your fish but these are some ideas to get you going!

What can i put in my tank besides fish? i already have 2 red honey gouram and five tetras but want to add something a bit different in a few months, got any ideas i can reserch?

What size tank do you have?

Any snails or Shrimp will be fine with your current fish, as would african dwarf frogs

I have 95L tank, i really wanted turtles but after reading care sheet its a no no.
dont snails over populate, may look at frogs. thanx

Bamboo shrimp! sounds interesting ill have a look at them. :)

assassin snails dont over populate and they are awesome lol ive got 2 never had much luck with shrimp lol but thats just me

Nerite snails won't overpopulate either. They can't breed in freshwater. There are a few types - zebra (brown/beige stripes), ruby (red with black markings), the smaller bumblebee nerites (black and yellow) etc.

Sorry you've probablly heard this already but I might as well mention it ;) .Be careful when choosing the frogs,some are nice cute friendly frogs (african dwarf frogs) but others (african clawed frogs) grow big and eat all your fish.There are a few differences but i'll only name two. 1:dwarf frogs aren't albino so avoid any albino types.2:the african clawed frogs (big ones) have webbing on their back feet whereas dwarf frogs have webbing on both.Anyone want to add to to that?

chris :hyper:

Nerite snails won't overpopulate either. They can't breed in freshwater. There are a few types - zebra (brown/beige stripes), ruby (red with black markings), the smaller bumblebee nerites (black and yellow) etc.

I really hate nerite snails. They scatter their eggs everywhere and it's really hard to scrape off too.

you may decorate your tank with driftwoods..this has so many advantages.thi can create good bacteria in your tank which is necessary...you may keep plants..some freshwater fish(except cichlid) like to live with plants...
you may also keep snails,shrimp too....

I really hate nerite snails. They scatter their eggs everywhere and it's really hard to scrape off too.

Yes, that is the problem wth them. I don't mind the eggs too much, so I put up with them rather than not have nerites. Not all of them have laid eggs, but the ones that have seemed to prefer bogwood. That's even worse than glass for trying to remove eggs.

Most reactions

Back