Tropica Cheap

schnad

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a newbie in this forum. :blush: I am about to convert my tank (125l) into a planted one. I would like to add Hemianthus callitrichoides, Marsilea hirsuta, Riccia fluitans, monosolenium tenerum und pogostemon helferi.
Where can I get those online for a reasonable price and a shop, which sends good plants?
As fertilizer I use the Drak System http://shop.drak.de/catalog/fertilizer-c-2...9f4e3280a7e5d26
and my lights are Giesemann. The amount of light is approx. 4WPG, which should be efficient for those plants, or?
Thank you for your help
Regards Sandra

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Sounds like a sweet set up especially the Gieseann lighting which would be ideal for the HC and everything on the list.

As for shops, it depends on where you are, but aquaessentials.co.uk does everything for planted tanks, as well as plants. There is a recent thread on them if you want to find out other peoples thoughts.

What are you're plans for CO2? Substrate?

Sam

Welcome to TFF Sandra.

Where are you from? If you are UK then Aqua Essentials supply Tropica plants. If they don't have them in already they will order them for you.

If you are Europe-based then I imagine there's other Tropica outlets. You could e-mail Tropica directly. They are very helpful.

Fascinating fertilisers, I've never seen them before.

4WPG is a lot of light. You will need to plant very heavily from the start, pressurized CO2 and strict fertilisation/water changing routines to avoid algae.

Hi,
I am in Swansea/Wales. I have seen the webpage from aquaessential, are their plant delivery good? I ordered once online and got half dead plants on arrival. :sad:
Regarding the CO2: I have planned to use a system from Germany with an outside reactor, see pic.
It cost approx. 150£ incl. postage.

Attachments

• komplett_co2_projek_aquarium.jpg
    komplett_co2_projek_aquarium.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 39
Hi,
I am in Swansea/Wales. I have seen the webpage from aquaessential, are their plant delivery good? I ordered once online and got half dead plants on arrival. :sad:
Regarding the CO2: I have planned to use a system from Germany with an outside reactor, see pic.
It cost approx. 150£ incl. postage.

Aquaessentials are held in very high esteem by many people on this forum, and quite rightly so. The tropica plants they supply are of very good quality, and the service very good. I ordered some stuff on Sunday, and it arrived this morning, the plants in very good condition.

Yeh aquaessentials are excellent both in service and quality and that includes the plants.

As for that CO2 kit, you might find it difficult to refill the cylinder as most shops I know of only refill JBL ones. Before spending the money try and locate a shop that will refill it first. If you cant just get the reg, solenoid, reactor, etc kit and buy a JBL cylinder in the UK, second hand cylinders are cheaper and regularly available.

Sam

THIS is a CO2 set up I use for my tank, got from EBAY, you can get it refilled, but not in the aquatic shop, which is expensive, my local gas company refills this for 4 pounds, so don't worry, and reactor is great, but you will need powerful filter for that

Oh right! Well I think you're lucky! And 4quid for a refill is a bargain! Costs me 13 to get a 500g refilled.

Sam

Most reactions

Back