Trimming, And Visible Roots...

Squid

grumpy old man!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a load of hygrophila polysperma rosanerveg (excuse the dodgy spelling) and as it grows you can see it forming roots for cutting etc half way up the plant. They are also further down the base of the plant, and after a couple of months of being there, they start ot look a little unsightly.

How do you trim your plants to ensure they still look ok? do you spend ages removing roots and shoots...

i used to trim off all the arial roots, it was a PITA, I no longer have that plant ;)

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with polysperma, the roots just grow back after you trim them, in typical polysperma fashion - fast.

I need a replacement plant, something that grows slower :crazy: .

Hello,

I have a load of hygrophila polysperma rosanerveg (excuse the dodgy spelling) and as it grows you can see it forming roots for cutting etc half way up the plant. They are also further down the base of the plant, and after a couple of months of being there, they start ot look a little unsightly.

How do you trim your plants to ensure they still look ok? do you spend ages removing roots and shoots...

I cut the top half of the plant off and plant it in place of the bottom half. All those unsightly roots become the anchor roots for your new plant.....that is of course until the plant grows large again and sprouts more roots halway up....then you have to repeat the process. :crazy:

Hello,

I cut the top half of the plant off and plant it in place of the bottom half. All those unsightly roots become the anchor roots for your new plant.....that is of course until the plant grows large again and sprouts more roots halway up....then you have to repeat the process. :crazy:

I did wonder if that would work, i think i might give that a go.. top tip, cheers :good:

Squid

Most reactions

Back