Trailing Waste

y020103

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
sometimes my tropical fish trail their waste, is this a parasite proplem or something :huh:

cheers they do this sometimes and are healthy to

you should never see the fish trail waste; this is undigested food and you are therfore over feeding them.
try feeding every other day to see if that makes a difference, I'm betting it will.

I don't overfeed my fish, but no matter what I do my platys sometimes trail a bit of waste. None of my other fish do this.

Some of my fish used to do it to, cant remember which ones, but they did :unsure:

Plus is it long white and stringy.

Heres another one... Does anyones fish ever do floating poo??? :unsure: Mine do sometimes... Wonder why? Just the way it is??? :X

You mean like after they go to the bathroom the poop floates before it sinks? :sick: I suppose its normal since their poop isn't that heavy to automatically fall down to the bottom. When I first got my angels one of them had a bit of trailing poo but that was because I might have put alittle to much food in because I was afraid the tetras were getting most of the food before they could.

they do trail waste sometimes after i do water changes

Most reactions

Back