Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon tank with
5x clown loaches (all under 2.5")
5x tiger barbs
2x mickey mouse platties
2x dojo loaches
2x kribensis cichlid
1x rhino pleco (3.5")

am i fully stocked or is there any fish that stays more towards the top of the water that i could add, all the fish tend to be around the bottom of the tank and it looks somewhat empty...thanks for any advise...

yes yes im well aware of the future size of the clowns, but ill be moving out of my parents soon enough and will be upgrading to at least a 125 gallon tank, if i wont be able to i know a LFS owner who has a 210 gallon tank with only clowns and would be happy to take them... I am thinking about getting rid of the tiger barbs...what would my options be with out them? Thanks for the reply!

I don't know how they would do with your tiger barbs, but Golden Wonder Killifish are beautiful, with adorably funny faces. They stick to the very tippy top of the tank, rarely coming down any further that the upper mid-level. They're very peaceful and common in fish stores. But you ought to ask someone more familiar with Tiger Barbs if they would be okay together, because I'm not sure.

my tiger barbs only bother eachother in my community tank but i cant guarantee yours will do the same

yes yes im well aware of the future size of the clowns, but ill be moving out of my parents soon enough and will be upgrading to at least a 125 gallon tank, if i wont be able to i know a LFS owner who has a 210 gallon tank with only clowns and would be happy to take them... I am thinking about getting rid of the tiger barbs...what would my options be with out them? Thanks for the reply!

definately opens up your choices if you get rid of the barbs , do that first and then you shouldnt really be limited to what sort of fish you have

my tiger barbs only bother eachother in my community tank but i cant guarantee yours will do the same

Mine dont either really, but still slow moving fish arent a good idea to have with them, just in case...

definately opens up your choices if you get rid of the barbs , do that first and then you shouldnt really be limited to what sort of fish you have

I was thinking either angels or silver dollars...how many of either of these would i be able to get in the absence of the barbs?

also do angels stay up at the top?

i got 3 opaline gouramis but they are not always near the top
pearl gouramis do that job nicely and your tank size is fine for them.

Most reactions

Back