too many?

NEWBUTNOTDUMB69

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok i have 1-oscar 1-huge paku 2-silver dollars 1-electric blue and 1-rainbow cichlid in a 29gal tank but i want to add the 4-african cichlids i have in my 10gal to the 29 would that be an over pop or would that slide? :/

Thats present setup wont ork at all. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Youll need a child sized swimming pool if you want to house all of them together. That oscar needs a tank larger than 55g just on his own.

For the pacu alone you need to get a tank thats probably a thousand gallons. They get to be 3 feet long and almost as much tall. They are amazingly huge fish that aren't really made for the home aquarium. I think they are a schooling fish also so its probably a crowded lonely pacu that you have. The oscar needs a bigger tank too. And cichlids usually need a lot of room, more than a 29 gallon tank. I think you need to save up and get some big tanks.

Yeah, how long have you had it setup that way? I'm surprised you haven't had any fatalities yet.. Or have you? :)

I HAVENT HAD THIS SET UP VERY LONG AND IM ALSO GOING TO GET A 55gal :/
so that the fish can live happy and not so crowded :D (i have to be the good guy :p :D ) thanks for the comments ppl

Most reactions

Back