Too Many Guppies

Grapefruit18

Reaction score
My mother's tank is overpopulated with guppies. Do you think that a fish shop will accept them? Over 5 years they've spawned a lot.

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

Depends on the fish shop, some love local bred guppies for their acclimatisation to local tap water, but many shops like their line bred fixed type guppies, I wouldnt expect to get much for them anywhere though, not many places are prepared to give much even in a credit note for guppies. You stand more chance if its a shop you visit regularly where it would be a bit of a good will gesture.

Depends on the fish shop, some love local bred guppies for their acclimatisation to local tap water, but many shops like their line bred fixed type guppies, I wouldnt expect to get much for them anywhere though, not many places are prepared to give much even in a credit note for guppies. You stand more chance if its a shop you visit regularly where it would be a bit of a good will gesture.

Ok cool, thanks

You might want to get a few fish for that tank that would eat the fry, so that you're not faced with this situation in the future. Good luck to you! Pretty fish! :good:

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 19 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1697124[/snapback]
You might want to get a few fish for that tank that would eat the fry, so that you're not faced with this situation in the future. Good luck to you! Pretty fish! :good:[/quote]

Thanks!! :)

Most reactions

Back