To Much Light?

Is a 40 watt florescent bulb to bright in a 2.5 gallon tank?

Yeah, essentially. Why would you want that much light over such a small tank? Are you planning on growing live plants? If so, you'd want maybe an 11w light, but this will still be a lot and you might have algae issues

It wasn't for any reason but that it was one of the only light that i could find that fit in the slot for a light. I went out and found a 10 watt florescent bulb that works great though. Thanks for the response.

It wasn't for any reason but that it was one of the only light that i could find that fit in the slot for a light. I went out and found a 10 watt florescent bulb that works great though. Thanks for the response.

Are you in the UK? If so, Ikea do a desk lamp with an 11w bulb which I use - really good and only 8 or £9

No im in the US but ironically I believe the lamps you are talking about (at least the ones from your previous post of tank) I have had and been using for years as my main desk lamp. That could be another option but I like this 10watt that i found. Has a nice blue hue to it. Thanks

Most reactions

Back