To Much Light

Just that in my experience my plants have never really needed that much kno3 / po4, something more like 20ppm for kno3 and around 1ppm for po4 is more what i go with, in the past (before using RO) with high levels of both, growth was never its best. Yea, the Salvinia could easily be using up your k too.

Looks like you just have to try a few experiments out to get the right levels, but i doubt the light is the issue here :)

James

Cheers for the info James, I'll give the T8's a chance, it cant hurt. If that doesn't work I'll start messing with the fert levels and see if that fixes things, perhaps start by adding more K, as you say the Salvinia could be creating a deficiency of that I guess, it does grow like crazy! I could also swap the EC as its over a year old now, not that I would think its used up and HC will carpet in sand given the right conditions, but worth a try if nothing else works I guess :)

Sam

EDIT - having looked back at my journal, I see the HC actually did better under the cheapo T5 tubes than under the D&D and plant pro, in which case I think people saying fert deficiency could well be right, as the salvinia was only added after the new tubes were added.

Anyone got any thoughts as to which one though? Seems K is the general conscientious? I'm hoping my expensive TPN is given the correct trace, I dose a 2ml after each water change which happen every other day, so effectively 1ml per day, that seem about right?

Most reactions

Back