Tmc V2 Skimmers

N1z

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey, ok now time after time im getting sick of my pump playing up, one point it be running full whack then the next naff.
Now i remember readin that the inlet pipe should not exceed 20cm which seems stupid IMO. Anywho how is yours sitting of stuff, cos atm, ive got it on the glass like so....

PUMP-->TAP-->ELBOW (Fitted myself)--> then onto Skimmer pipe into skimmer behind the pump on same piece of glass.

my pump is on the other side of the tank, simply as i had no where else to put it. does the job!

heres a 2 second drawing of mine

untitled.jpg

its the 400 version and mines more than 20cm but still works great

Yer see mines like running ok now ive fiddled with it, also ive had to take the pump plastic top of as it was vibrating loads lol. TBH i would think they more designed this skimmer for sumps as it doesnt look very tidy.

Yer see mines like running ok now ive fiddled with it, also ive had to take the pump plastic top of as it was vibrating loads lol. TBH i would think they more designed this skimmer for sumps as it doesnt look very tidy.

Couldn't agree more expecially when you fit it to a nano. I am upgrading atm so am not too worried but if it was staying a nano there is no way I'd keep it. It does a great job but is just too intrusive in the tank.

To get mine working happily I had a nightmare few days and ended up doing the following. I slid the hanger bracket down the body of the skimmer and wrapped ptfe tape around it to stop the bracket sliding back. This solved 2 problems the return pipe now hangs down into the bubble stop with no restriction. The second problem was that no matter how I fixed the pump to the glass it wouldn't work so I just have it hanging freely from the inlet pipe. If I hadn't raised the skimmer body the pump would rest on the substrate. I also removed the big plastic housing from the pump and fitted the strainer. Half the pump is just useless plastic casing.

they could do with using smaller pumps coz they blaintently are just bricks. Or they need to make like a TMC v2 200 with a tiny pump.

Most reactions

Back