Tmc V2 Skim Protein Skimmer

Reaction score
Heya Guys

I've brought a V2 600 Protein Skimmer and this is the very first skimmer i've ever had so still aren't 100% sure what I have to do. Just one quick question for now though. On the hole that is the air intake in the inlet pipe, it makes a lot of noise, so i've put on a venturi, the skimmer still seems to work fine and the noise level is reduced greatly but will it affect it's long term performance?

Thanks for any help guys
TIM

Heya Guys

I've brought a V2 600 Protein Skimmer and this is the very first skimmer i've ever had so still aren't 100% sure what I have to do. Just one quick question for now though. On the hole that is the air intake in the inlet pipe, it makes a lot of noise, so i've put on a venturi, the skimmer still seems to work fine and the noise level is reduced greatly but will it affect it's long term performance?

Thanks for any help guys
TIM

i have done the same it still works fine.

Excellent! Might be able to sleep now!! It's collecting horrible green water in the collection cup at the moment! The only problem i've found is that if you hang it on the side of the tank there isn't enough inlet pipe to come back on itself to the pump (if the pump is stuck on the side of the glass)

no probs a member gave the link to me when i was setting up my 600. i like the results its giving but like you say setting it up isn't the easiest thing going. i have my pump with only two suckers on it so the outlet of it is facing up wards if you know what i mean, thus having a slighter angle on the pipe and no kinking. had a bit of a problem when it being turned on after cleaning, the pump would move because i only have two suckers on it thus firing the pipe off. after a lil aqua scaping trying to hide the huge pump i placed a rock underneath it so it wouldn't move when suddenly turned on. kinda hard to describe hope you get the gist of it. mine also seemed to take an age to run in, still think its running in been setup for like 6 weeks now. but yeah super happy with the results. good luck :good:

Most reactions

Back