Tmc V2 600 Or 800

cynos

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone use one of these?
Are they any good?
What pumps are you using with it?

hey, i have the 600 and its the daddy! i use a rio 2400 to run it.

i can't tell you how impressed i am with this skimmer, i run it on a dry skim and the skimate is soooo dark. 100000000 times better than the red sea i had before that.

i can't tell you how impressed i am with this skimmer, i run it on a dry skim and the skimate is soooo dark. 100000000 times better than the red sea i had before that.
I have a red sea berlin skimmer at the moment, But its slightly too high to go into my cabinet, its a paint to get the cup off, the TMC looks slightly smaller
I've a few modifications done to my red sea and it seems to work pretty good at the moment actually

I have a red sea berlin skimmer at the moment, But its slightly too high to go into my cabinet, its a paint to get the cup off, the TMC looks slightly smaller
I've a few modifications done to my red sea and it seems to work pretty good at the moment actually

i had the prizm skimmer and it was good for the tank i had at the time, but i didn't rate it that much. the TMC is so much better, i am getting some seriously dark gunk from it where i was sorta getting very light watery gunk from the red sea skimmer i had.

for the money i don't think you can beat the TMC skimmer, i payed £50 for my 600 second hand.

i had the prizm skimmer and it was good for the tank i had at the time, but i didn't rate it that much. the TMC is so much better, i am getting some seriously dark gunk from it where i was sorta getting very light watery gunk from the red sea skimmer i had.

for the money i don't think you can beat the TMC skimmer, i payed £50 for my 600 second hand.
Righ gonna have to get this so, it can be used external, can it?

The only thing about the v2 skimmers is the big ugly brick sized pump that you have in the tank if you use it as a hang on.
Apart from that,I'm very impressed with my v2 400.

Ive got the v2 400 and its great and does a very good job, I also had the red sea prizm which was aweful compared to this. It would be a bit of an eyesaw hung on the side of the tank as you say because of the pump but in a sump they are ideal :good:

i agree im not a fan of the brik pumps. would be ace if they could be made tiny. I must have a bit of a moan about mine because its a bit of a PITA but thats mainly due to how its put in my tank

i have the 600 i think and it works a treat, the Rio looks crap and are crap, but i have to say they do a very good job. have had mine running for about 9 weeks now with out any problems. so a defo thumbs up from me. the only thing that i would look out for is the return pipe falling below the water line.

the whole v2 range won an awaard from PFK says so on the box and has a lil sticker saying 'product of the year' or something like that

Most reactions

Back