Tips Please!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zoeya

Reaction score
Does anyone have any breeding tips for breeding Angel fish? Mine haven't spawned for months, they have spawned twice before and i can't understand why they aren't spawning no more. Any tips would be massively appreciated.

With what fish are they put in with?
Try feeding them live food and do 40% water changes a day.
It will put them into breeding mode

I breed them I am on my third batch now, it could be a number of reasons why ther are no spawning, have you changed the layout of the tank, added new fish, like derpph sain live food will help, is you tank planted ?

A large 70% water change tends to spur mine into breeding mode.
Conditioned by feeding blood worm everyday and high quality flake.
Sometimes mine do go a month or so without spawning, then will spawn 3 times in a week.
No one wants planned coitus! 

Hi thanks for all the replies.
I placed them in their own breeding tank about a week and a half ago, i'm feeding them frozen bloodworms ect 3 times a day, i did a 50% water change about 2 days ago, i have a air pump, a few plastic plants and no gravel in there, temperature is around 78F.
My two Angel fish have spawned on vertical surfaces before so i clean an old glass bottle and put it in for them to spawn on. Do you think it might be because they don't like the bottle and won't spawn on it?
When they were in my community tank (which is where they spawned twice) i had guppies, neon tetras, glolight tetras, albino shark, boesemani rainbow fish, betta fish and a gold spotted pleco. The first time they spawned the pleco ate all the eggs, and the second time i put a divider in the tank but they ate all the eggs. I haven't really changed my fish since then, i have only added platys and mollys since.

Does anyone have an idea why they aren't spawning??

Most reactions

Back