Tiny Tiny White Transperant Specs On Tank Glass All Over Tons Of Them.

Dasanii

Reaction score
they dont look nothin like eggs, they dont move except with the water flow and seem to be stuck to the tank glass but water would wiggle them. what could thy be.. they are really really tiny, i didnt notice them till i looked really closely and seem to be stuck to slim on the tank im geussing by the way the water flow moves them a bit. could this be bad for my tank? its a 10 gal with 4 baby convicts in it with a few hornwort plants

It sounds like snail eggs to me. They usually are grouped together and in a clear sticky goo. Could be that... Have any pictures of it?

It sounds like snail eggs to me. They usually are grouped together and in a clear sticky goo. Could be that... Have any pictures of it?

i dont have a good camera.. they are really small and ALL over the front and 2 sides of the glass... not sure about the back of the glass but their must be millions, well almost. but i dont get how a snail could lay all these eggs.. i didnt see no snails cept 1 realy tiny one which only apears rarely cause its so small but i think it now died since i moved the gravel around and probably got stuck underneith

should i wipe them off or leave them there?

should i wipe them off or leave them there?

o crap i see some more on my other tank starting to build all over the surface of the glass... its infecting my tank.. i dont think they are snail eggs no more... so do hydras harm my fishes? im pretty sure they came from the hornworts now. in the other tank they are not moving to the flow of water.

have to find out what they are first. If they are hydra and you damage them, each bit will become another hydra.
Hydra is very common in outdoor ponds and lives on plants like hornwort. When you bring the plant into an aquarium they hop off the plants and spread over the tank.
google, or do a search on the forum for hydra and see if they look like the things in your tank.

Hydra eat baby fish and small crustaceans. they are harmless to fish that are 1/2 inch or bigger.

If they are hydra they will grow rapidly and end up about 5-10mm long. They are semi transparent and usually have a few tentacles that develop when they are bigger. Smaller ones don't have the tentacles until they are a few days old. The hydra generally stay put and will move when there are currents in the water.

Planaria are worms that crawl around the glass. They are white in colour and you can actually see them crawling around. They grow to about 4-5mm.

Cyclops (copepods) are small (2-3m) and white and you can see them moving too.

just see how things go over the next few days. They are unlikely to cause any problems in the mean time.

If they are hydra they will grow rapidly and end up about 5-10mm long. They are semi transparent and usually have a few tentacles that develop when they are bigger. Smaller ones don't have the tentacles until they are a few days old. The hydra generally stay put and will move when there are currents in the water.

Planaria are worms that crawl around the glass. They are white in colour and you can actually see them crawling around. They grow to about 4-5mm.

Cyclops (copepods) are small (2-3m) and white and you can see them moving too.

just see how things go over the next few days. They are unlikely to cause any problems in the mean time.

ok thanks alot for the info. ill see what they grow into and then solve the problem

from the picture you supplied,
it looks like planaria, Well the long thing worms in the picture left of the snail.

if that is the case don't feed the fish for 3 days do a water change.... and the fish should start to eat them and their numbers will reduce....

easiest way to see if they are planaria is to see if the kinda wiggle across the tank in a worm like way

good luck :good:

Most reactions

Back