Tiny Tanks (Nano)

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am looking for a small aquarium for my shrimp. A while back i heard a shop called Bargain Homes (who get random stuff in!) were selling little 15l aquariums, with a filter, air pump and light for £10! But by the time i got there, there were all snapped up! And the shop being the type it is, i doubt they will get any back.

So i am looking for a cheap cheap little tank for my shrimp. I have seen a few Nano Tanks but they are all around £50-£80!

Any ideas?

B&M yes, I was in my local store today getting some bits and I seen them. £11 you get the tank, filter, net, food, air pump and what not. Nice little deal for a shrimp tank! Would just need to slap a heater in.

Only place I can suggest is eBay :unsure:

Pets at home sell them as 'my first fish tank' failing that Aqua Essentials used to do some nice optiwhite ones, they still might.

Can definitely recommend Pets at Home new cube range (instore only)

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/361175-phcoopet-nano-cube/page__p__3009796__hl__%2Bnano+%2Bcube__fromsearch__1#entry3009796

B&M yes, I was in my local store today getting some bits and I seen them. £11 you get the tank, filter, net, food, air pump and what not. Nice little deal for a shrimp tank! Would just need to slap a heater in.

Does your local shop still have them? I wonder how much it would cost to ship....i could send you some pennies and you could buy me 2 and ship them?! NOt seen anything on ebay :( And i call the shop every week and they say they dont think they'll get them in again :(

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/361175-phcoopet-nano-cube/page__p__3009796__hl__%2Bnano+%2Bcube__fromsearch__1#entry3009796

Yeh i saw that post, but its not as cheap as i'd like! They look good, but these would be for in my fish room for the shrimp and also for fry.

The shop is called home bargains. Mine have some in all the time. B&M also have them. I would prefer the proper cube from p@h though. £29 and that includes the light also.

I picked up one of p@h my first fish tanks yesterday and it's going to be my shrimp tank for my spare bedroom.

I've got sand cleaned for it and java moss ordered but do I really need a heater if it's in a warm room and the waters about 19-20* ?

maybe the cube is not so bad.....do you have a link to it as i cant find it on their website. I thought they were more than 30.....still not as good as 11 though lol

Did you ask the shop that had them for £11 is they were getting any more in and when? Maybe they could order you one? I used to work in a shop and would do this for customers.

The tank in pets at home is in store only I think Rorie. If you go in a pets at home you will see so much more available than what you see online. My local pets at home has loads more different tanks and offers than what you see online.

Ebay have shrimp tanks at rip off prices. I've never actually heard of this home bargains here but I'd want one of those tanks for shrimp at £11. Shame I can't get that here.

Just called P@H who say the cube tanks have been discontinued!

Home Bargains is the type of place that buys in stock when it is cheap, so they do not have a stock line as such....more a case of what is there is sold and there after not available. I have called them and they dont know if it will come in again or not.

BOO!

There was a member who posted on the freshwater page that kept having fish die on him with this cube tank,he did end up taking it back to P@H for a refund...whether there is a fault with these tanks and thats why they've been discountinued....?? :unsure:

There was a member who posted on the freshwater page that kept having fish die on him with this cube tank,he did end up taking it back to P@H for a refund...whether there is a fault with these tanks and thats why they've been discountinued....?? :unsure:

Seems a little far fetched to me... mine has been happily housing a breeding shrimp colony for the last couple of months.

The fact they were never on the websites suggests it was always a limited/trial number that they had available. Someone on another forum mentioned that they have had similar tanks before but only for short periods of time. When they're gone, they're gone, it seems.

Does your local shop still have them? I wonder how much it would cost to ship....i could send you some pennies and you could buy me 2 and ship them?! NOt seen anything on ebay :( And i call the shop every week and they say they dont think they'll get them in again :(

Yeh i saw that post, but its not as cheap as i'd like! They look good, but these would be for in my fish room for the shrimp and also for fry.

Let me know if you don't find anything. I wouldn't mind doing that :good: You would have to see how much shipping would cost though :unsure:

Most reactions

Back