Tiny Sized Filters & Heaters...is There Such A Thing?

I think it looks great. Will look even better set up. I visited a friend recently with a small hexagonal tank with guppies in and it looked so nice I want one too!

No offense but that tank looks really scratched is that just the picture does it look nice with water in it?

Be honest now....Do you think I'm wasting my time with this type of tank for a betta? -_-
Not at all. The tank is a bit scratched but once you add water it will look fine. It also looks like you have an UGF (under gravel filter) that would work OK with an air pump. I would disregard that feature and since you are relatively limited on space, I would not use an internal filter. I would also remove the black plastic top, add a HOB (hang on back) power filter and then cut a hex plastic piece to cover the top.

A 25 watt submersible heater will be good.

Ha,ha!! Thanks for the input....:lol: I suppose it does look like a blender!!

Yes, it is scratched unfortunately....its really old!!! It had two small fantails in it for four years....so its had some use! But it looks fine when there is water in it actually.

Gazoo....thanks for all of that info! Thats a good idea about cutting out a plastic lid so that it can accomodate a hang on back filter.

Now the thing is, the under gravel filter works in tandam with the light & air pump feature so once I flip the switch to turn the light on, everything else turns on also...

So will that upset the hang on filter?

Or should I just leave the light turned off...its a nice feature though.

Thanks tangokitty....all I got was a picture of a dog!!

But I had a look on the webpage anyway...and saw the Azoo Palm filter...was that the one you were looking at?
p-14052-42384-fish-filter.jpg

Thats the kind of one I'd be after alright....the small flat type.
p_18821_26782P_1.jpg

Bet they don't ship to Ireland though...thats always the problem I run into.

Well if they do I can give you a code for $5 off. Not sure where they ship to. Good luck finding stuff for you betta tank. I recently set uo a 3 gallon shrimp tank.

Thanks!!! $5 would be great....sure that would nearly cover the cost of the filter! :cool: But they don't seem to ship here or at least, I can't see their shipping policies listed only that they have free ground shipping. Oh well!

I wish I could see the brand name on that heater and I'd see if I could find it from a Uk/Irish site.....

Good luck with your shrimp tank also...what shrimps did you get?

I just asked someone on that web site (they have a live chat person to answer Questions) and they will ship to Ireland! just tell them your address and what you want and they will give you a quote.
[email protected]

I have Cherry Shrimps. The shipping would proably be alot and it would be better if you could find them locally. I don't see a brand name for it either. The walmart here sell a small heater for tanks under 5 gallons as well. Do they have walmart where you live?

Well, thats great....thanks so much for asking... :thanks:

One other problem though....their electrical sockets are different to ours....we have three pin sockets plus our voltage is different too.

So anything electrical shipped from USA won't be compatable.

I'll have to find these items on a UK or Irish site.

Gah!! :shout:

Edited to say: Oh I love cherry shrimps....and no we don't have a Walmart!! :good:

Lazerus, I don't know what betta experience you have keeping bettas but when I first started keeping them I was given the good advice to add a few soft plants for it to rest on. I can't say that I've had good luck with live plants but to this day I've never killed a silk plant. :-

^_^ I am a complete and utter novice in every regard, fish, real plant and silk plant alike!

The Betta I had two weeks ago (Prince was his name) only lasted for a week and he went belly up....so upsetting. Don't know exactly what happened but there were so many factors involved that it was hard to pinpoint the exact reason he died. I got him as a gift.

I fell in love with Bettas though there and then.

So I'll need a few plants too then, eh!..... :D

Most reactions

Back