Tiger Fish

i went to look at the tigers today in the shop talked about buy the thread starter and as i thought they would be they are normal indo tigers so the price is way over the top

so how much are a pair of those really worth T1K?out of interest

£120 the pair is about shop price they had 3 in the tank but one was very black they are in a sump tank now

i see they still had the big silver aro and the jardini aro that both have very very bad drop eye they have had them for years

whosale tropicals have the real siamese tiger pulcher for £55 each and i took one last week and have it in a freinds tank until it grows a bit

£100 each is like double what a indo tiger is worth i have seen them for sale for as little as £15 each

when i asked about the tigers the member of staff went and got the manager and he seemed so genuine about them i nearlly brought them right then.he wanted 150 for one of the big ones or 200 for one big and one small.thx for the help and saving me some cash.i will be going bethnal green tomorrow :) the aros do have bad drop eye dont they did you see the dog faced puffer?my girlfriend loves that fish :thumbs:

when i asked about the tigers the member of staff went and got the manager and he seemed so genuine about them i nearlly brought them right then.he wanted 150 for one of the big ones or 200 for one big and one small.thx for the help and saving me some cash.i will be going bethnal green tomorrow :) the aros do have bad drop eye dont they did you see the dog faced puffer?my girlfriend loves that fish :thumbs:

its not mormally the shops fault they just dont know to much about the diffrent kinds of tigers

if you have time go to wildwoods they have some big thin stripe tigers at a good size of 6-7inch for £30-40

I am interested in keeping dats but have heard that you can only keep 1 OR 5+ as they will fight if you keep less than 5.

it is possable to keep more than one tiger per tank as you can see by my pic :D

tigers are very very slow growing and you will be lucky if they grow 3inch per year

I am glad to hear that they are slow growing, but if I wanted to buy 3 for example do you think that I would have any problems?

I am glad to hear that they are slow growing, but if I wanted to buy 3 for example do you think that I would have any problems?

i would get diffrent types of tigers as you will get one thgat will be the boss and he will stay nice and gold and the rest will be black

the trick with tigers is finding ones that stay stable as most of them are black most of the time

i got one from wildwoods on sunday.i was lucky it was the the last one.he has stolen my fire eels pvc pipe as a home and aint come out much.

i got one from wildwoods on sunday.i was lucky it was the the last one.he has stolen my fire eels pvc pipe as a home and aint come out much.

i keep my tank open with no hiding places so i see my tigers more they will get braver as they get older

the thin stripe you got from wildwoods are normaly hard to find and you dont see them about that oftern they were a good buy for £24 at that size

A fish is worth as much as you want to pay to get it really!

Although I'm sure if you put a slightly lower sensible offer in they wouldn't turn you down.

Do you know exactly what species they are? There's some which will be worth more than other species.

nice fish paul

Most reactions

Back