tiger barb

i have 11 assorted tigers in my tank, they seem to leave everyone alone, but I also have a lot of plants for everyone to play in (or hide if need be). I see most all my fish out all the time though so I would say go ahead and try it, just be sure to put in at least 8

FrAnK3333 said:
my tank is in my sig so based on whathas been told tigers are a no no in my tank. I can understand :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I would think about some other barbs. There is the "Five Banded Barb" that looks like the tiger barb but is not supposed to be as aggressive. Also, Black Ruby Barbs are very pretty and they too are not supposed to be as aggressive. One more is the cherry barb. Many people seem to like them alot as well.

Good Luck on what ever you decide!!

Sorry Frank, not a reply to your question (um, uh, er, think of this as a bump...hehe).

Just wanted to give a quick update.

I exchanged my two large red-tailed tinfoil barbs for three juveniles (~2 inches WITH fins).

Now, the three tinfoils are hiding within a ship (decoration) and the tiger barbs are roaming once again...lol.

Always one or the other,

JT

Many cyprinids and characins need to be kept in groups. Those stated by gwlee fall under this category.

Of those mentioned, I would think the cherry barbs would be a very good addition to the tank.

Tempestuousfury said:
Many cyprinids and characins need to be kept in groups.  Those stated by gwlee fall under this category.

Of those mentioned, I would think the cherry barbs would be a very good addition to the tank.
here is a black ruby barb:

1e996830.jpg

They are awesome looking and if I could have found some, I would have them. Yes, they need to be kept in schools.

I need more fish tanks :nod:

Some one pm'd me and said the first picture can't be seen (Some servers don't support "tripod.com") so, if you can't see that picture maybe you can see this one:

rubybarb.jpg

Most reactions

Back