This Look Any Good?

fishy55599

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ex-Display-Mixed-Live-Rock-10kgs-/170626948577?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item27ba289de1

Seems a good price. Too good in fact! Although I personally wouldn't buy anything that's 'live' from private sellers unless I can see it with my own eyes first but that's just my opinion.

Make sure you ask loads of questions first IE is it still in water. Will it be transported in water or in a bag full of moisture etc.

And pay through paypal.

okay sent him a message asking those. also asking for better pics if possible.

hoping it is all good

Seems weird there isn't much written on there? Make sure you get them to answer loads of questions haha!

got this back from the seller-
The live rock is currently in mature tanks but will be delivered dry within 24 hours. Unfortunately those are the only photos I have at the moment. Thank you

i looked at feedback other people have brought it and it was fine?

£5-6 per kilo is about the going rate for LR from tank breakdowns around me. Is this local to you or where you going to pay postage ?

I would hold out for someone breaking down a tank near you, you will have considerable die-off with that rock, as it will probably be out of water for at least 24 hrs

Seffie x

+1 seffie, if your gonna get rock wait until you can actually go and see it in person. Pictures are great but you can't beat picking up, smelling and looking at the rock yourself.

I would hold out for someone breaking down a tank near you, you will have considerable die-off with that rock, as it will probably be out of water for at least 24 hrs

Seffie x

well there is one in cardiff only about 1 hour away. i will keep and eye on it.

I would be concerned of the colour to be honest it looks a little green to me it should be purple or white where are you located ?

Theres a tiny piece of purple I can see haha
It doesn't look fantastic tho tbh! But it might look better than the pics you just never know!

Experts- would it not be worth it if you bought some other good live rock to seed it if maybe it isn't very good and needs a good scrub off. Or can you get rock like that cheaper?

I would be concerned of the colour to be honest it looks a little green to me it should be purple or white where are you located ?

oh really? that is a shame tho.
i am loctated in the Bristol area.

You must be pretty close to me then. I'm in abergavenny. There is a guy on ebay in caerfilly that has live rock for £6 a kilo but i know he will go down to £5 a kilo. He buys complete setups and then breaks them down for LR, skimmers, tanks ect and sells them seperately.

sorry but i am not good with locations :unsure:
do you have the link so i can have a look at it?

Most reactions

Back