Marine Keeper..
Reaction score
Ok so this is the plan step by step.

- Pick up the 150 ltr tank tommorow.
- Stick the rock etc in my dads tank.
- Sell my tropical tank.
- Move TV to where tropical tank is.
- Place the tank in position.
- Measure the cabinet, and make a nice big sump.
- I want to try and get it so the overall water is 50 gallons.
- Get rock for my tank.
- Slowly move all rock etc. from orca into it.
- Sell orca.

Sound a plan? Im looking forward to building the sump with a refugium in it. Sand bed etc. For naughty fish, and hide all equipment. It comes with a nice deltec skimmer also that will go in the sump. So its all go. The tank should be in place in the next two weeks, then sump build. But that will take me a while, im clueless with sumps and pipeworks - so thats where you guys can help me.

YF

Seffie my dad bought a tank off ebay earlier and is going halves with me - Saves him about £50 with his LR. So I went and measured the tank and told him it fits so we decided to do it. Dont worry seffie, our relationship wont change. :p mainly for the fact your husband is fairly big and scary but anywayyy! lol. Its a new challenge for me. Does it open alot more doors with me making it around 50 gallons? Rather than the 130ltr tank I have now?

YF

Seffie my dad bought a tank off ebay earlier and is going halves with me - Saves him about £50 with his LR. So I went and measured the tank and told him it fits so we decided to do it. Dont worry seffie, our relationship wont change. :p mainly for the fact your husband is fairly big and scary but anywayyy! lol. Its a new challenge for me. Does it open alot more doors with me making it around 50 gallons? Rather than the 130ltr tank I have now?

YF

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! oh that made me laugh :lol: as did the bit about "naughty fish" :lol:

yeah made me laugh to yf is the tank drilled

Nope the tank is not cut brad, does it need to be? Im absolutly clueless at sumps. The size of the cuboard is not as big as I hoped but I definatly want a sump, it has a hang on back protein skimmer which is pritty good, that will stay there as it does not look out of place. But I want a sump the for heater, a powerhead and erm... what else can you have in a sump? :p

YF

you need to drill the tank or get a overflow box to take water to the sump mate. find out if the tank is made of tempered glass coz you wont be able to drill it if it has. but you may be about to drill the back wall

Most reactions

Back