This Is Not Possible!

FBTgirl

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I had Velvet and Penny in for a couple days...big nest. But no success, so I took Both of the out about 3 days ago after spawning with no success. So today I was about to clean the breeding tank and there is free swimming, baby, fry in there. I don't think this is possible but I tore up the nest when I took the parents out and I do not know I am just freaked out way to much!

that was me but then I decided too. But how is this possible! I never noticed eggs when the nest was tore up and they female has lost a little egg wait. But the babies are healthy and free swimming and I am just so confused!

that was me but then I decided too. But how is this possible! I never noticed eggs when the nest was tore up and they female has lost a little egg wait. But the babies are healthy and free swimming and I am just so confused!

Sounds like a fluke.
You're a betta grammy!
Best get some jars ready.
It's entirely possible for weird things like this to happen. :)

Nature will find a way, yanno. :)

I am freaked out bad because all I read says stuff like this would kill all the fry yet I have about 25 free swimming little ones... It is the weirdest to have this sorta fluke on the first spawn ever :crazy:

I completely forgot because I did not think I would have the right spawn but how long till they eat food again because I really do not know how old the little things are :blink:

I am freaked out bad because all I read says stuff like this would kill all the fry yet I have about 25 free swimming little ones... It is the weirdest to have this sorta fluke on the first spawn ever :crazy:

I completely forgot because I did not think I would have the right spawn but how long till they eat food again because I really do not know how old the little things are :blink:

Start feeding immediately,..
If you don't have micro worms or BBS or BBS eggs, then crush up flakes or something as finely as you can. :)
Someone more experienced shoudl be along to help.

Dont give up hope yet e em, just keep going!
and pretty soon you'll have yourself a good amount of bettas on your helves, but best get ready to seperate the males

Hey FBT, if you have a Petsmart nearby, head there. Wardley Essentials sells a liquid fry food. It's about $8, but your babies are surely worth that!

However, if you need food in a flash, hard boil an egg, cool it, and feed the babies a VERY small bit of the yolk. Swirl it gently so the pieces break up. If you look very close you can see the babies eat the yolk bits! It's so fun to see them eat it. The thing is, they need more than that, so I would definitely get the liquid if you can.

Congrats!!! :)

thanks :rolleyes: I hope a few live because I have family members waiting for a fish from me :good:

I have never had any luck with liquifry, so try it all you want but have something live handy.

Most reactions

Back