This Is A Strange Turn

FBTgirl

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK so this morning I was going about to my usual day, But I noticed Royal was not looking to happy. So I thought, Well maybe it is his water. So I changed him over to an extra tank. But I just went in to prepare my tanks for the new girls and I found Royal, dead :-( :-( He was an old Fella too. RIP Royal.
This is a strange turn because him and Chance where perfectly healthy. I do not know what is going on so I just scrubbed out all my tanks. :-( Royal probably died of old age but I am not taking chances. All my fish where fine and healthy and then this! I do not know what happened but I am going to get a test kit when I get my girls tomorrow.

have you checked your tap water stats anytime soon? thats 25 + fish dead in the last week, there has to be a cause and im guessing its in your water.

Yehh. Its gotta be your water. Did the maintance peeps change anything at all. Your mom didn't spray febreeze in your room did she, or use bleach in your room?

do you have a test kit that you can tell us your stats?

ammonia
ph
nitrite
nitrate
hard/soft

No test kit but I am getting one tomorrow when I get my girls and I am test the water before I put them in.

ok good.
can i make a guess to what your problem is?

im gunna say ammonia is around .5

If you've scrubbed out the tanks and therefore changed the water in all tanks then your tank stats tomorrow will be perfect anyway before adding the fish, giving you no accurate indication as to if the tanks are cycled. It would be fairly pointless IMO to test before adding the fish, unless you suspect the water you add to your tanks of having dangerous build ups.
Or whether toxic build up of ammonia and or nitrite was responsible for the 2 deaths.

Sorry for your losses.

Qs;
How long had the fish been in their tanks?
Are the tanks filtered?

My fish lived in the tanks all the time they have been living with me:( No filters but I clean every 2 or 3 days.

Was one of the fish the one that died after a 100% water change, i may be getting posts confused.....

Did you remove the fish in a cup or perform the 100% change in increments, with the betta still in the tank?

Most reactions

Back