This Is A Joke... Right?...

Me and a number of other local petitioners had the Aquababies stall banned from the Trafford Centre after we educated the people in charge there and made them realise just what kind of pure cruelty they were allowing on their premises.

Still makes me sick that these things still exist at all.

thats great, I was thinking for a while that the poor things were still there,. I havnt been to the trafford centre since..

look at these on ebay i will put a link at the bottom might work if not item search
item 7747569453 Hanging Wall Fish Tank Aquarium gift

Holds 3 Litres of water.

Material: Acrylic

Dimensions:

Length: 35 cm

Width: 32 cm

Depth: 13.5 cm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hanging-Wall-Fish-Ta...1QQcmdZViewItem

How in the world can Ebay allow such a thing to be sold... saddens me it really does.. it actually disturbs me more.....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For those of you griping about the Ebay tank, 3 litres is a little over 3/4ths a gallon; 1 gallon being the recommended minimum tank size for a betta. Oh God, it's .21 gallons too small, that's absolutely terrible. Twice weekly water changes and that thing is no worse than a breeder jarring juvies.

This makes me so sick. I had bettas once. But at least I gave them a minumum of 5 gallons each,

I am truly surprised PETA hasn't got anything to say about this. But than again most of them are lunatics

For those of you griping about the Ebay tank, 3 litres is a little over 3/4ths a gallon; 1 gallon being the recommended minimum tank size for a betta. Oh God, it's .21 gallons too small, that's absolutely terrible. Twice weekly water changes and that thing is no worse than a breeder jarring juvies.

its actually 2.5 gallons.

and i think youd be pissed off if you lived in a caravan and we took even that lil bit from you and made your home even smaller!

For a minute I thought you meant 3 litres is 2.5 gallons :lol:
I hate to sound arrogant, but I breed bettas. Look at my signature and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have been keeping them for years ;)
Bigger is bettas as far as tank size goes, sure, but 1 gallon is the absolute minimum you can have and still safely manage with only once weekly 100% water changes.

There have been so many threads about Aquababies - they usually only get deleted and/or closed :/

i hate to read threads like this

it makes me sad

we all know that fish arround the world are being abused

theres nothing we can do about it .....

the only thing i do to deal with this

is to make my fishes home a heaven for them

For a minute I thought you meant 3 litres is 2.5 gallons :lol:
I hate to sound arrogant, but I breed bettas. Look at my signature and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have been keeping them for years ;)
Bigger is bettas as far as tank size goes, sure, but 1 gallon is the absolute minimum you can have and still safely manage with only once weekly 100% water changes.

damnit i didnt notice who i was messin with :lol:

still dnt think they shud be kept in something so small for long periods of time.

maybe for the time you have them as a breeder but then they should have space.

you could live in the caravan i was talkin about but it wud suck.

Twice weekly water changes and that thing is no worse than a breeder jarring juvies.

Ah, but the point being, it is. Juvies are another matter, mini sized bettas with much minier fins. This is for adult, probably VT bettas with a body of 2" and a tail probably that length again. Plus, who would actually do twice weekly water changes, presuming someone who buys one of them is an idiot anyway?

haha i have one of those, never used it for fish tho, i grow snails in it for my botias :D

4 plants change 1 a week and the snails thrive!

when i got it tho sales woman asked me if i wanted a gold fish to go with it :S

You don't need to worry about twice weekly water changes, these things only need to be cleaned 3-4 times a year! What kind of idiots thought up this crap?! :S

lol next thing you know you will see a pic of a oscar shoved into one lol :p

discraceful tank.... tank haha thats a joke more like a cup

Most reactions

Back