This Can’t Be Happening!

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to my Tetra’s tank covered in ich again! Leaving for a week vacation in 2 days. All I can do is kick temp back up to 86F, add aquarium salt and leave it on its own while I’m away. I wish I had never bought all of these neon tetras! I’ve done all I can do. Poor cories are back in salt again. Dang, dang, dang it!

Oh no! That must be so frustrating

If you say that you had ich again, then you need to figure what's causing it in the first place. It could be a number of factors such as poor water quality, stress, or adding new fish in. I hope that you can eradicate ich and will not have one in the future. Good luck!

Last edited:
Before I even clicked I knew what this was going to be.
Enjoy your vacation. There's nothing more you can do for now, just don't think about it, enjoy yourself. Then when the vacations over hopefully you'll be refreshed and motivated to deal with the problem in front of you. Don't take it to heart, you will conquer it.

If you say that you had ich again, then you need to figure what's causing it in the first place. It could be a number of factors such as poor water quality, stress, or adding new fish in. I hope that you can eradicate ich and will not have one in the future. Good luck!
I agree 100%. Water parameters are all good. I have been changing water and vacuuming substrate 2 x’s daily for several weeks. It came in on new fish. I just can’t eradicate it. They are definitely under stress with temps going up, then down, then back up again. Maybe me being gone for a week will be a blessing because I can’t be messing with it. :)

I agree 100%. Water parameters are all good. I have been changing water and vacuuming substrate 2 x’s daily for several weeks. It came in on new fish. I just can’t eradicate it. They are definitely under stress with temps going up, then down, then back up again. Maybe me being gone for a week will be a blessing because I can’t be messing with it. :)
You really may be on to something there. It’s a shame we don’t all live in a World where we all have space for numerous quarantine tanks

You really may be on to something there. It’s a shame we don’t all live in a World where we all have space for numerous quarantine tanks
They were the first group to go into new tank so no need to QT. I have more still waiting in QT to go in. :(

If you have a resistant strain of white spot, use copper. Just move any snails and shrimp out before treating the tank and do a few big water changes and gravel cleans before putting them back in the tank.

If you have a resistant strain of white spot, use copper. Just move any snails and shrimp out before treating the tank and do a few big water changes and gravel cleans before putting them back in the tank.
The cories don’t do well with copper and it stays in the tank.

Most reactions

Back