Thinking Of Starting Up A Sw Tank.

PlatinumAngel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just thinking of changing my old 25 gallon to a salt water tank. Is it worth doing a 25 gallon?
Is it pretty expensive and really time consuming?
I'd really love to have a salt water tank and just not sure what I'd need to get started.

It is expensive and labour intensive compared to freshwater but in my opinion well worth the effort. If you have the time and money then marines can bring satisfaction that freshwater aquaria never achieve. For ideas on starting reading through some threads on here and see what you find. There is usually one or two threads per day by people starting marine and wanting advice.

Regards

Do you remember the name of the treatment you used? you might have some problems with copper, might want to reseal that tank with some new silicon sealing.
Ter

hmmm, If I saw the bottle I could id it. Would just have to go back to the store and check.
So there might be a problem with copper? If it has copper in the ingredients, then what? Would have to re-silicon?

well the reason Ter asked about your stocking and what med it was is that marine inverts and corals cannot stand any copper... and some medications use copper as an additive to kill the bad things... so if you used a med with copper in a tank... it most likely seeped into the silicone seals of the tank and could leech into the saltwater over time and kill or seriously retard growth/ development of your corals and inverts.

Ox :good:

Ok, will do if I decide to do this. My cycling 75 gallon is enough work and frustration right now.

hehe I can't believe your dog stood still long enough for that picture with the antlers on.

His dog? Thats a picture of him.... it was a holiday and he had a few drinks... so you should prob take it easy on making fun of his appearance....

Haha
Ox :lol:

Most reactions

Back