Thinking Of Replacing The Internal Juwell Filter

i have disagree with peoples perceptions of the fx5 being a good filter. I had one (i must say it was a used one) but when i got it i loved it and it performed well but 9 months down the line it just seemed to hum very loudly so much so i had to move out of my room (as thats where my tank is) then i decided that the effort required to maintain the fx5 just isn't worth it and the best buy of my fish keeping life has to be the eheim pro 3 2080 but i also have a pro2 2028 which is very good also. Moral of the story stick with eheim. I do not rate Fluval filters unless its the U range.

Over the weekend i got rid of the internal on my Rio 240 and it really wasnt that hard. All i would say is that those cheap snap-off stanley knives are great, but i got the hard to reach ones with an old carving knife because the stanley wasn't long enough.

Also use a stanley to scrape off the old silicon and it works a treat.

As for filters, i am using a 2nd hand Fluval 305 and don't have any objections

Over the weekend i got rid of the internal on my Rio 240 and it really wasnt that hard. All i would say is that those cheap snap-off stanley knives are great, but i got the hard to reach ones with an old carving knife because the stanley wasn't long enough.

Thanks for your reply. I think I've made my mind up. I am going to go for Eheim pro3 250 or 350. I put it on my Xmas list :) Fingers crossed.

Hi everybody. Thanks for all you advice. Just to let you know that I have placed an order for EHEIM professionel 3 - 350! shame I'll have to wait until after Xmas to install it... It's going to be a long wait. I am just thiking what would be the best way of doing it. Should I run the old and new filters together for a week? What would be your advice?

Thanks for your reply. I think I've made my mind up. I am going to go for Eheim pro3 250 or 350. I put it on my Xmas list :) Fingers crossed.
Hi there, I placed an order for Eheim pro 3 350. I wonder how you went about filter replacement. Did you just take the juwel one and set up fluval? I know it's second hand, which may make a difference if the media did not dry up. I would appreciate your advice, please.

Hi there, I placed an order for Eheim pro 3 350. I wonder how you went about filter replacement. Did you just take the juwel one and set up fluval? I know it's second hand, which may make a difference if the media did not dry up. I would appreciate your advice, please.

when i junked my junk (juwel internal) i placed the media in the new cannister. and over a month or so, removed it bit by bit. remembering to wring the removed item, as i did it. i also rinsed the entire juwel item in water that i used to prime the cannister.

when i junked my junk (juwel internal) i placed the media in the new cannister. and over a month or so, removed it bit by bit. remembering to wring the removed item, as i did it. i also rinsed the entire juwel item in water that i used to prime the cannister.

will 2 lots of media fit in one filter? I have not seen the new one yet so I am not sure...

will 2 lots of media fit in one filter? I have not seen the new one yet so I am not sure...

i would think so. just remove some of the eheim media and place the juwel item in there. as you remove the juwel media replace some of the, removed, eheim item.

Ok. Thanks for your advice.

i would think so. just remove some of the eheim media and place the juwel item in there. as you remove the juwel media replace some of the, removed, eheim item.

Most reactions

Back