Thinking Of Going Presurized

that ones not ideal , you really need one with two gauges. one to show the flow out of the bottle and one to show contents of the bottle.
Type co2 regulator into ebay and you will find a lot of them , a lot of people use the one from aquatic magic.
A lot of people use 2kg fire extinguishers , these last varying times depending on bubble rate but i think the average is about 6 months correct me if im wrong.

This thread will help

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2747

llj isnt going to be happy with you Ali! See HERE

All the links above are in my sig if you want them.

1) i dont know how mcuh 5lb is so i cant help you!
2) it doesnt help not knowing the size but it depends on lights levels, plant mass, plant specie....

All the links above are in my sig if you want them.

1) i dont know how mcuh 5lb is so i cant help you!
2) it doesnt help not knowing the size but it depends on lights levels, plant mass, plant specie....

1) 5lbs is about 2.3 kg so about what Ali1212 said.
2) I have 2 t5 lights with a total of 108 watts (dont know if i said this yet but the tank is 60 gallons). The tank will be pretty heavily planted with ~40 jungle vallis, ~10 rizhomes of java fern, 8 hygro, ~10 stems of green myrio, ~20 stems of rotala w. or red myrio (havent decided yet) ~6 stems of Alternanthera Sessillis "red ivy", 1 oriental sword, ~ 6 pots of micro sword and I think thats it.

2Kg will last my 60l about 8 months i think.You will be lucky to get 3 months i thik. Can you fit a bigger FE in like a 5Kg?

yeah im pretty sure that will be fine
could you point me in the right derection of where to buy one as im not having very good luck
thanks!

e.) I'm fine with referring to another website. Like APC, Barr Report, or UKAPS, just don't say the "forum" at APC. Get my meaning?

:rolleyes:

reffering is different to linking ;)

If you must link to a site, observe the following guidelines:

a.) If you link to a site, it must not be directly to a forum. For example. You want to link to a plant profile at Plantgeek or the plant finder at APC. Link directly to that bit of information, but not the sites corresponding forum.

b.) Do not link directly to a thread within another forum. To be honest, other forums are TFF's competition. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a member of other forums, but I really try avoid linking directly to other forum threads, especially if most of the information is already here. Topics really tend to be rehashed here every couple of months. Again, another reason why the "Search" function is good.

c.) If you are going to link to a society, for example UKAPS, make sure that the link does not take you directly to their forum. I understand that many societies have a library of articles that are excellent references and you should be using them.

i am not sure as i am in the UK.

Uhm, something springing out at me. Nate appears to be in the US, where I believe the fire extinguishers have a female thread fitting, CO2 regulators however are designed to fit a male thread fitting (like on UK fire extinguishers), so he is going to need a female to male converter as well as everything else.

Ade

would i be able to find some other kind of co2 bottle like on ebay and use that? or im sure lowes(local home improvement store) would have something of use

would this reg be okhttp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CO2-Regulator-Solenoid-and-FREE-Bubble-Counter_W0QQitemZ230284593868QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230284593868&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
also do I need all the reactor stuff in the picture in the link or could i just use a ceramic defuser like sam has and call it good. Also what does the solenoid do?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back