Thinking Marine

Hmm. I shall have to have a think about it all.

I think it may just be a sudden phase once I saw the Four Stripped Humbug, I shall see how it is as time goes on.

Still need to finish stocking my tropical yet :p

Ive just spent the day on my trop tank as I aint done nothing to it for ages. So I upgraded the lighting to T5's [DIY] now have a daylight t5 and a marine blue t5.
I also removed the majority of the rock and added some bogwood as well as change the surface of the substrate with white gravel.
Oh!, and i fired up my old boyu mt40 tank for my 5 yr old boy. he likes spongebob squarepants so I went to my lfs and grabbed some spongebob ornaments and some sand.
Golfish tommorow!................Then back to my marine tank for some scaping and wc!

While time goes on, do some research on marine fishkeeping......It will help make up your mind!

Next tank will either be Marine or Planted...

I do have this bare Juwel Rekord 96 laying on my bedroom floor, hmm....

Next tank will either be Marine or Planted...

I do have this bare Juwel Rekord 96 laying on my bedroom floor, hmm....

I looked into planted a while back and I actually believe planted tanks are a bigger pain in the #14### to look after than marine. [Specific soil/CO2 diffusers/Grow lux lighting etc].....Bits of dead plant floating round clogging up filters on a daily basis.

I'll stick with marines i think!.......Easier! :lol:

Lol I'd say it's 50/50... It's a tough choice to make.

I mean if I turned that Rekord into Marine, what would I need and how much would it cost?

Obviously it's bigger then the TL-550.

Lol I'd say it's 50/50... It's a tough choice to make.

I mean if I turned that Rekord into Marine, what would I need and how much would it cost?

Obviously it's bigger then the TL-550.

Depends on wether its a plug n play tank or not.

Protein skimmer
LR
RO water
pro reef salt
T5 lighting minimum
filter media [LR rubble/rowaphos/di nitrate/act carbon etc]
live sand
test kits

mainly depends on what type of setup you'd want and if you go brand new or 2nd hand.

£300 - £400 at the worst i'd say

Hmm that's without a filter too :/

What about powerheads.

Also for the lights, I would go for an over tank luminaire.

Hmm that's without a filter too :/

What about powerheads.

Also for the lights, I would go for an over tank luminaire.

You dont need a filter as your lr and skimmer would take care of your biological and mechanical filtration.

But it would come in handy to have an external/internal filter or reactor to house phosphate remover etc [chemical filtration] but like I said it depends on your setup.

That price is worst case scenario. Obviously your lr is gonna be the biggest expense but if you shop around and look for people breaking down their tanks then you could prob get everything you need for under £200.

As for powerheads you'll need at least 2 for random flow. Need to aim for 20x T/O in total [minimum].

I work at Maidenhead Aquatics so I can get discount :p

Whoa..........you mean we have someone on here who might be able to get us lot in the UK good deals, woo hoo, where are you based, bound to be someone near you who could benefit from your discount :p

Seffie x

I'm from Norwich. Our store has only been running about a year, so still kinda get around to things.

But on Wednesday we had this really nice marine tank delivered. Aqua One Marine 400.

Weighed an absolute tonne! But it's so nice, and is a really good set up! If only I had the money, space and time lol.

Not allowed to give you the discount lol!

Most reactions

Back