Thin molly

Luke&jess

Reaction score
Hey i have just saved a molly from a crappy pet shop and she is very thin i have been feeding her 2 times a day for the last week and she is not putting on weight Iwill try anything to make her better I just have no idea what is wrong I have her in a breeding box for the min well I set up her own tank she is a young molly

Attachments

• 20210203_154116.jpg
    20210203_154116.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210203_154111.jpg
    20210203_154111.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 56
your Molly may have wasting disease fish tuberculosis it is in very poor condition it's unlikely to live much longer

you should never buy or accept sick fish, you risk the chance of introducing diseases in your aquarium

i personally believe that it's too far gone for treatment if a fish is carrying a disease such as TB it can spread and wipe out all of your fish

Personally, I agree with fish48, that poor fish looks to be beyond saving...

When I first got her she looked like she needed to put a bit of fat on but in the last 2 to 3 days she's looked worse she's in a breeding box but am terrified she is going to pass what ever she has on to my other fish

Well, you could try your best for her but sorry to say but she won't make it. She's bend too far already...

first of all I would remove the Molly or put it in a container that can't contaminate the tank water do large water changes in main tank of at least 50% weekly

Hey i have just saved a molly from a crappy pet shop and she is very thin i have been feeding her 2 times a day for the last week and she is not putting on weight Iwill try anything to make her better I just have no idea what is wrong I have her in a breeding box for the min well I set up her own tank she is a young molly
Every time I see sad fish I want to take them home, but you just can't. I understand what you wanted to do but looking at her, she seems to have an internal disease that is making her waste away. She will likely spread TB (looks like someone already told you this) to your entire tank. Remove her in a QT until she dies. All you can really do is make her comfortable and watch her.

I would then clean out your tank daily and watch for abnormal signs in your fish.

I am so sorry you have to watch her die, I wish we could save all mistreated fish, but we can't.

I send best wishes to you! Let us know if you need anything else...

Most reactions

Back