Thin Line Loaches

sXeLifer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How big would my loaches get??
This is just a random picture to show the species.
At the minute both are around 2" at the moment but cannot find any clear info on them, any ideas?My link

that article says 4 inches often slightly less if thats any help, states minimum tank size to be 48"

By the way those loaches look lovely, wouldn't mind something like that but kinda have my heart set on a flash plec

At the minute both are around 2" at the moment but cannot find any clear info on them, any ideas?

That's why it helps to get the Latin names of fish if at all possible; common names are so changeable!

Botia striata are lovely fish. Grow to about four inches maximum, though I have one that's over 10 years old and is only about 3 inches in size. They're very peaceful and good snail eaters too :good: They do like company, so make sure you keep at least five if at all possible :)

At the minute both are around 2" at the moment but cannot find any clear info on them, any ideas?

That's why it helps to get the Latin names of fish if at all possible; common names are so changeable!

Botia striata are lovely fish. Grow to about four inches maximum, though I have one that's over 10 years old and is only about 3 inches in size. They're very peaceful and good snail eaters too :good: They do like company, so make sure you keep at least five if at all possible :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I know i should really have a couple more I got them when i was only a beginner hence the reason why i only have 2. They are awesome though definatly amongst my favourites!

Ah well; you can always introduce some more ;) And if you don't have room; good excuse to get a bigger tank! :good:

Most reactions

Back