Theyre Dieing Plz Help

Good, the high temp in the tank with whitespot won't be helping as columnaris thrives in warm temps.

i no i read this on a internet site but thanks any way
i put the temp to 32 degrees so its mid for both is that ok?

i have recently turnt my temp upto 32 and i put in 4 tbsp of salt into the tank over a period of an 1h 30 m i also have been adding parozyne in the tank to treat whitespot and have been also doing a odd treatment of melafix to treat columaris also i have been salt bathing them for 1 week now before i done this(what i just wrote) i have just been looking at the the fish and it looks like the whitespot has gone but am not 100% sure but i noticed the tetras (usally a silvery white)having a brown line on top of their back and it looks like their scales are missing around the brown line and its all four of the tetras that have it.
also 2 of my 4 platys have split tails in the middle like some1s cut their tail with scissors i thinks its tail rot as they have had it in the past but am not certain.
also some of the platys look to be losing their colour so i had a closer look and it looks like thier scales have disappered on top of their back like some1 peeling a shell on a skittle untill u see the white inside and i am not sure what to do and i have not seen this before :no:
i also have a poorly ram who seems to be very slow and lethagic and it is hanging around the top(just under so hes not breaking the surface) as the others and still swimming normally the ram has survied alot before and we have saved him before but i think the stress of the recent dilemas has got to him but i dont think he is close to the end of the tunnel just yet as he is still slowly swimming
i have been doing water tests alot but i have seen no evidence of a bad water quality as it seems to be fine so plz could you help me with what to do, what it is, whats causing it (could it be the temp and salt or stress etc ...)

i no its all hard to take in and its alot of writing but the tank is causing me alot of hassle right now :angry: and am close to giving up! :(
its a 22 us gallon tropical it has in it 4 tetra, 4 platys, 1 molly, 2 rams if you could help plz do :good: :nod:
p.s i have just turn the temp down to 30

You have bacterial infections on top now, turn temp down by two degrees.
Good luck.
Keep the salt in though.

i just turnt temp down 2 degrees its now on 28 how do you think the bacterial infection started?

Parasites can cause bacterial infections very common.

I am going to do another water change, and put the salt back in.
what should I treat the tank with - white spot treatment, or bacterial treatment.

Has the whitespot gone yet if not the whitespot med.
Will have to sort the bacteria infections out when the whitespot gone if they make it.

white spot gone, but am continuing with treatment for 2 days more, just in case, am alternating with Sabbactisun which is the sister med to Parazoryne, you can use them 12 hours apart and this treats the bacteria infectoins.

did the water change, no deaths yet, so will wait and see.

Ok, good luck.

white spot gone, columnaris seems to have gone, no white stuff any way, tetras have their colour back and the platys tails are all fixed, and the scales seem to be coming back, all be it slowly. All is good in the tank.

Still have salt in, shall now reduce it slowly when I do water changes. and continue with the Sabbactisun until the 10 days are up.

My german ram is still poorly though, i think it just a matter of days as she won't eat now.

Thanks again for your help,

I have learned not to add new fish directly to my established tanks. I have set up a 5 US gallon tank on my kitchen counter that is a quarantine/hospital tank for any new fish. They stay in there for a week before they are put into my 29 US gal. It seems that most diseases will show up fairly quickly on a new fish with the stress of moving to a new home and it is so much easier to treat 5 US gal than 29. I also purchased 2 female guppies to keep the bacteria going when there's nothing else in it.

Elizabeth

Most reactions

Back