Then And Now (up Dated Pics)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scott67892002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
a bit of an update on my tank low low tech! about one and a half wpg and tropica master grow wheni rember/have it!!!

in the begining

DSCN0630.JPG

and now

plantedjune06.jpg

plantedjune062.jpg

plantedjune061.jpg

wow that looks fantastic! How much time has passed between the first photo and the now photo? Also, what substrate do you use? Are you using Co2 or carbon? Have you used any other ferts other than the tmg? What is the carpet on the bottom cause that is what i am trying to get! :good: :good:

probably about six months my be a bit less! the substrate is 50/50 quartzite flourite the carpet is java moss on pieces of slate. i don't use co2 or other carbon products and no other ferts other than the tmg.

new pics after a bit of a change round. sorry about the quality!

what do you think?

any criticism greatfully recieved! ;)

plantedoct06.jpg

right hand side

plantedoct061.jpg

Great tank, liked the first one, second one is good also but i think the right side would be nice with some kind of plant that stands out alot or something. Black background would make it even nicer too but it still looks really good.

That is some good growth for 6 months. Did you do any pruning in the 6 months, or did you just leave things be?

Great tank, liked the first one, second one is good also but i think the right side would be nice with some kind of plant that stands out alot or something. Black background would make it even nicer too but it still looks really good.

yeah loads that honeywort (or what ever it is i'm so bad with plant names!) grows like crazy im for ever topping it and replanting and remover the really leggy pieces!

i agree with the black background but i'd have to compleatly strip the tank to fit one! still may do it one day!!

I'd personally add a black background, and get a nice healthy amazon sword and put it on the right, and move the inlet of the filter further back (if possible).
Still, it's looking very nice.

Neal

I'd personally add a black background, and get a nice healthy amazon sword and put it on the right, and move the inlet of the filter further back (if possible).
Still, it's looking very nice.

Neal

the tank is sort of set in the wall and the only place that the filter can go is on the right hand side. i'll try swopping the inlet and outlet round that may look better. you must have read my mind on the sword thing!
i think it would take about 4hours or more to strip the tank down compleatly, remove the substrate, get the tank out of the wall, fit the black background and then set it all up again! maybe when i have some time. i've been kicking my self that ididn't do it the last time it was stripped!

Looks great.
tmg??

tropica master grow :good:

What size tank is that and what is your wpg, and type of lights? It looks awsome for a low light tank! :D

What size tank is that and what is your wpg, and type of lights? It looks awsome for a low light tank! :D

it's a 29g the lights a t5's i a luminare like you use on a marine tank three tubes in all abit like these
there not the best lights in the world but for £30 they do what i need.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back