theme for betta names

I want to name all my present and future bettas names that relate to each other. What theme for the

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CARS (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Cadillac, Rolls Royce)

• Total voters
I like the Greek Gods. Or you could use movies like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings. Personally my Bettas are named after the Sith in Star Wars, I have Sidious, Tyranus, Vader and then I have a shark named Maul.

My daughter named this Betta- Apollo. The last Betta was named for Spike's real name on Buffy the Vampire slayer--William the Bloody. (he was really a sweet fish that she said needed a tough name). Apollo has fin rot and is in treatment and we hope he makes it. He will have a tougher visage though. His tail is really roughed up with the loss.

I liked the greek gods one. But I voted other. My betta's name is Marley. I like the idea of naming fish after musicians.

Cars what a great idea I was pondering names for my next fish hopefully a pair of gsps

gallardo, and miura
I'm thinking or maybe from cadilac
evoq cien

I went for the Greek gods too. Those names seem to have lots of character, and no-one who has kept bettas can say they don't have character. :p

I voted for cars because it hasn't been done to my knowledge. There are also a lot out there to choose from and they have some pretty good names.

:*) Okay, I admit it, my guys are named after professional wrestlers. They all think they are such big tough guys. Yes, I'm a closet wrestling fan. I can't help it, it was my Dad's fault. He didn't have a son so he dragged me to the wrestling matches when I was young and I've never been able to break the addiction.

Jericho - Chris Jericho
Fozzy - Chris Jericho's band
Batista - Dave Batista
Hunter - Triple H (Hunter Hearst Helmsly)
Booker - Booker T
Vince - Vince McMahon (of course)

I also have a bristle nose plec my hubby named after Mick Foley's Cactus Jack. Please don't kick me out of the forum!!! :-(

alabaster said:
What do you mean mlee?
Or Onda which means the same in Portugese/Spanish.

I was asking if the person meant that onda meant the word the same, or if something else. I was taught in spanish class the word "el mismo" meant the same in spanish...

I vote Cars B) my sister named her pups after cars... she has an English Bulldog named Bentley and a Pittiex rescue named Mercedes! make sure you name one (bvtchin) Camaro. after my car :shifty:

eudielynn said:
Please don't kick me out of the forum!!! :-(
:rofl:

I voted for gods. I named all my bettas after angels and demons, because if you consider how many religions have angelic and demonic entities... well, let's just say it will take years and years before I run out of names :D

Edited because I am a grammar nazi.

Can't believe I forgot Mercedes-Benz on my list!!! Mercedes is a good name, but in Spanish-speaking countries its a female name... :huh: Anyway, mlee: I understand now, thanks for clarifying. And yes "el mismo" does mean "the same" in Spanish, but there are many synonyms in Spanish too that are used interchangably (I'm going into 3rd year Spanish).

Elise said:
I'm thinking on naming my girl Welle which means wave in German. Or Onda which means the same in Portugese/Spanish.
I thinkshe meant that "onda" means "wave" in Portuguese/Spanish, just like "Welle" means "wave" in German.

um, cars??
How about gods or gemstones, and I like the dog idea! (as for pit bull, how about the really friendly one? Do YOU know the truth about pit bulls??)

Umm, yeah! And yes, I do know the truth about pitbulls: they have been and continue to by some to be bred for fighting, and guess what? It worked. Pit bulls are instinctively violent and are responsible for many child maulings and deaths. I read all the time in my local newspaper that some child has been left alone with a pit bull and when the (so-called) parent returned, the child was either already dead or close. That is the truth about pit bulls.

alabaster said:
Umm, yeah! And yes, I do know the truth about pitbulls: they have been and continue to by some to be bred for fighting, and guess what? It worked. Pit bulls are instinctively violent and are responsible for many child maulings and deaths. I read all the time in my local newspaper that some child has been left alone with a pit bull and when the (so-called) parent returned, the child was either already dead or close.  That is the truth about pit bulls.
um... sorry to be going into dogs in a fish forum, but did you even bother to read my link? So you are REALLY going to belive the media?? How come my pittie rescue was sooooo loving and sweet with my sister and me when we were so young, then? HUH?? :-( :-( Oh! and guess what? Those idiots who breed the few to fight are bred for DOG TO DOG agression, which is VERY different than human agression, the dangerous ones are the ones that are beaten into submission, and lash out in FEAR. American Pit Bull Terriers, American Bulldogs, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and more of the “bully breeds” all have huge warm hearts. Please open yours to them. :)
edited to change smilies to what I thought I had clicked on.

Most reactions

Back