The Waiting Game

Welshweeks

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well I started my fishless cycle last Monday and am just waiting for things to start happening! I was lucky enough to get some media for my filter from The Taffy Apple on Thursday. I've been doing ammonia test's and PH and I finally had a slight drop in ammonia to around 2.0ppm this morning so will try again later this evening and hopefully it will have dropped some more with a bit of luck. I'm a patient person but after practically spending most of my internet time browsing the forum looking at fish etc I have to admit I can't wait until the day comes for me to visit my lfs to purchase some fishies!!!
wahey.gif

I will update this thread with my readings as the days pass by (all too slowly!).

Hi Matey, still around 2.0ppm didn't txt you as nowt happening and didn't want to nag you!

Just tried again this morning and seems a slightly lighter shade of green poss heading towards 1.0ppm, or it could be me hoping! It's def getting lighter tho. Does it normally reduce slowly as it seems to be doing with me? I was under the impression that when the initial dose of ammonia finally started to reduce it would do it over a shorter period of time eg 12 hrs?

Hi Matey, still around 2.0ppm didn't txt you as nowt happening and didn't want to nag you!

Just tried again this morning and seems a slightly lighter shade of green poss heading towards 1.0ppm, or it could be me hoping! It's def getting lighter tho. Does it normally reduce slowly as it seems to be doing with me? I was under the impression that when the initial dose of ammonia finally started to reduce it would do it over a shorter period of time eg 12 hrs?

You can text me anytime bro, you know i'm dying to know your results as much as you are !!! :good:
They wont 'suddenly' dissapear, not just yet anyway.What they are doing is slowly building up a 'colony'..the more you continue to add (not until they reach '0' though) then the quicker, stronger and more robust they will become.
Continue to monitor that PH as well, as we discussed, our water is some of the softest in the UK.
keep us informed via this thread (and a text when you get your first '0').

Terry.

It won't suddenly disappear, but you'll find that when you do get down to 0 and redose, that dose will probably disappear pretty quickly and each subsequent dose will be even quicker.

I can but pray it will all "kick off" in a tank near me very soon!

Right off to work (well my 2nd job!) no rest for the wicked!!!

Day 11 @ 15.30

Ammonia - 1.0ppm
Nitrite - 0.25ppm
P.H - 7.6ppm
[font="Verdana]
[/font][/color]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]Things slowly starting to happen!
[/font]
smile.gif

Nah, that was my end. I copied & pasted some text and initially looked like that when posted. I forgot about that and wondered what yer was on about!

Most reactions

Back