"The Tilt"

A sign? Maybe of not enough oxygen, or not good water quality. Not usually a sign of labour, though it could be. I'd check the first 2 things first though. Is she hiding, or acting moody?

Edit: If she's chasing everyone else...she might be giving birth soon.

She's being a bit territorial. The water is very good, and the bubble thingy (lol) is fine as well. An dnone of the other fish are breathing heavilly.

I couldn't say exactly. I just took it to the LFS, got it tested, and the owner who did the test, who I know very well, just said, "Water looks great. Keep it up." So yeah. But honestly I think the water is fine.

But... but... I can't wait that long! I've been checking once every two hours for like three days, and keep thinking, "Oh here they come!" and they never do. Grrrrr. Okay... more deep breaths.... perhaps tonight, or tomorrow, or even the next day? Because she's been teritorial for a few days, although the heavy breathing started today.

Well...you need to get a test kit, so you can test it at home. Water quality can change drastically in a few days, and cause problems. I'd be interested to know exactly what they are, because sometimes they can seem fine, or if they don't know better, they say they are fine.

And you have to wait. Nothing you can do to speed it up, except the things I told you already. And that might not speed it up, just help it along.

How much do test kits cost? And if they're under $15 I can probably get one, and I know how they work as well.. i've watched. And my water's always been consistent... so I don't think there is much to worry about there.

Alright. I'll do my best to keep her comfy.. and stalk less. :look:

The cost depends on where you are, and which test kit you get. Why don't you go to your fish store and look around? And it's just best to have one around. I've had water swings from no reason I can figure out, and luckily I caught them before they did any harm.

And good. She'll have babies when she's ready. And I promise you, they'll be adorable. :wub:

Most reactions

Back