The Second Collecting Trip For Show Stock

pkc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the second collecting trip for aandtsociety show stock.

Just another trip to get some nice fish and inverts for the beenliegh show tanks on one of the calmest days imaginable and in the strongest current.
The current this day was extrmemly dangerous and had to be handled with a lot of care or end up in New zealand and there are no #93### lines that long!

This is how calm it was.
calm-day-out-.jpg

A nice little halichoeres chrysus.
bannana-wrasse-.jpg

A shy little dark cardinal.
dark-cardinal-.jpg

we don't normally bother with moorish idles,but this one will be handy for the show and while Mark looked after it he has gotten attached to it.
This one was gotten from a discusting area and there are no corals or much of anything else there really,they are tougher that way and this one eats out of his hand in just few days in the tank.
moorish-idle-.jpg

This is the avergae colour of the melanopus clowns around here,its a nice nature so far,not normal for these fish,lives well with the latz, akyndinos and skunk.
tomatoe-clown-.jpg

These wil look great in the tanks.Now mark wants more,the colours will be mixed up in the next ones.
starfish-.jpg

There were lots of blue tangs and a couple of latz,but we have some so we didn't bother.

It was given to Mark,the ones from very bad areas with very little food do extremely well in an aquarium as they have never had the foods it is hard to mimic in an aqiuarium.

Its a real pig with food,any food,if you saw where it was caught from you would not believe there were 6 latz an idle,an adult emperor some banded shrimp and heaps of other things there,no coral and even no coraline grows there.

we stopped there for spearfishing mainly and a cray or two,ever since we found this spot around 20 years back there is always a suprise there,the main advantage to that spot is the commercial collectors don't know it is there.

Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!! Soooooooooo not fair!!! Why can't I catch stuff like this in the River Thames? :(

Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!! Soooooooooo not fair!!! Why can't I catch stuff like this in the River Thames? :(

I saw a special on the tele a while back saying the thames is of good health these days,maybe a bit cold for these types of fish in there though,lol.

how do you catch the fish?
This is our club thread on that subject and more in relation to collecting,rules,how to,and spots and our area is shown as well.

http://southeastqueenslanda.aforumfree.com...s-in-q-t317.htm

I saw a special on the tele a while back saying the thames is of good health these days,maybe a bit cold for these types of fish in there though,lol.

Yeah. The shopping carts seem to be thriving in there!

what are the yellow feathery things in the last pic? are they feather dusters of some sort or some form of algae???

what are the yellow feathery things in the last pic? are they feather dusters of some sort or some form of algae???

They are feather star fish(sea stars) they are in the family of Comasteridae,we get virtualy every colour variation in these creatures,you need low nitrate and an auto feeder to keep them going as they have no fat storage area or mucles tissue on their body at all.

Thats why they go to marks tank,he spends up big on his and they are doing very well.

Most reactions

Back