The Python

cherrybarbbaby

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was so excited I finally got the python, man, cleaning my tank is going to be soo
easy!
So I get it out the bag and I go to set it up and I find that -none of the faucets on my upstairs floor have either outside or inside threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have a 50 ft length and I now have to connect it to my kitichen sink and drag the tubing upstairs :/

Anyway. the good news is: It took me all of 5 min to clean my 29gal :D

The bad new: it took 15min to get the excess water out the tubing and to roll it up
what a pain in the neck.

You have no Idea how long and heavy 50ft of tubing is s until you have to roll it up LOL esp for a 5"2 100lb girl

Does anyone use the python here? If so how do you control the pressue of the suction? is it the force of my faucet water cause my suction during gravel cleaning is kinda low :/

Other than that this baby rocks!!!!

cherrybarbbaby said:
I was so excited I finally got the python, man, cleaning my tank is going to be soo
easy!
So I get it out the bag and I go to set it up and I find that -none of the faucets on my upstairs floor have either outside or inside threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have a 50 ft length and I now have to connect it to my kitichen sink and drag the tubing upstairs :/

Anyway. the good news is: It took me all of 5 min to clean my 29gal :D

The bad new: it took 15min to get the excess water out the tubing and to roll it up
what a pain in the neck.

You have no Idea how long and heavy 50ft of tubing is s until you have to roll it up LOL esp for a 5"2 100lb girl

Does anyone use the python here? If so how do you control the pressue of the suction? is it the force of my faucet water cause my suction during gravel cleaning is kinda low :/

Other than that this baby rocks!!!!
Are you absolutely sure the tap doesn't have the screw for python to plug-into? Initially, I also thought I didn't have it until I realized that even my tap had one. It looked like a one piece design but with enough pressure, the little thing unscrewed and allowed me to plug python in using one of the little adaptor that came with python.

On the other hand, since your tap is one level lower than where your tank is located, you are probably getting more water pressure than you would if the tap was in the same floor...

Mine's right next to the tap, and the rate of flow isn't great (mine's only 25fter). I don't use both hot and cold water though - leaving cold water at full seem sufficient...

Most faucets have aerators; this is what usually controls the GPM (gallons per minute rating). Try to spin the end tip of the faucet off with you hand (counter clockwise), sometimes a rubber cloth is needed.
I am a plumber by trade and I have seen many faucets and very few do not have some sort of aerator.

I am going to have to seriously look in to getting a Python for myself… :nod:

Stevie

My Python doesn't fit on my faucet either (even without the aerator). The faucet is too small a diameter for the Python to fit. I may be able to get an adapter piece, I just haven't looked yet.

I did still use it to fill the 10-gallon tank the other day - I just reversed what end goes where - I put the gravel vac part at the faucet and ran the sink-attachement end to the tank. It was a little putsy and slow, but better than hauling buckets.

Enjoy your new Python! Grand little inventions, aren't they?

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Yup that "little thing" should have been called aerator... :lol: Thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks for the info

I thought that my faucet should have one. But I live in my brothers house and I rent the second floor of a very old 4 story house.

So He said that it could not be done. He said it did not have ANY threads and I thought this was odd. I thought maybe he was right because the house is so old.

He almost tried to tell me that the attachement was to big for the kitchen sink faucet :blink:and I had to tell him to take the black rubber thingy (lookes like a washer)out and not use it then he would be able to screw it on.

Needless to say I was right! :p and my brother is not very happy that a girl had to tell him! LOL

To easily get water out tube on roll up.

What I do............

Leave python on in the drain position, and roll it up.

As you roll it up, water will come out

canarsie11 said:
To easily get water out tube on roll up.

What I do............

Leave python on in the drain position, and roll it up.

As you roll it up, water will come out
Same here...

I own a Python! It is a pain in the neck, taking the water out of the tube and rolling it back up. The only difference is my Python is only 20 feet long.

like they said above, if you continue to leave the faucet running while you roll up the tubing it will continue to siphon the water out and by the time you get to your faucet the tubing is empty!

I love my Python - it's without a doubt the best "gadget" I've got for fishkeeping :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back