The "pic-Off"; Dare To Be Small...

You know what... I'm inspired. I have alot of jars left over from chutney making this year. I might see if I can find one to fashion together some sort of scape. :D

Saw your pico, good mix of rockwork and wood. :good: A couple of hours, eh? You'll hate me when I say mine took like 10 minutes to setup. :lol: But when you've been scaping as long as I have... And when you have tissue cultures just lying around... I'm ready for Ironman Pico scaping!!! :hyper: :flex:

maybe an angel, a discus, a common plec, an arowana, and an oscar.

Nah, I'll consult T1KARMANN for stocking advice. He's great with large tanks...

Looooooooooooooove it!

However, i think we should public vote Gills, Steve's and llj's. :hey:

I'm in lol.

Good times, because we don't have enough pico tanks. Not nearly enough. :lol: Waiting for the Pico King to stop by and weigh in on my creation...

Llj

Grr! You try plants a few hundred bits of java moss between 3mm and 8mm in something that holds 90ml (yes... 90... some of us can handle that sorta volume! :lol:)

Hehe, only joking.

Although... iron man?

Grr! You try plants a few hundred bits of java moss between 3mm and 8mm in something that holds 90ml (yes... 90... some of us can handle that sorta volume! :lol:)

Hehe, only joking.

Although... iron man?

Dahlingk! With 90ml, I make Dutch scape! So much ROOOM!!!

I'm not PC, Ironman is fine... It's like the show Iron chef, but Ironman aquascaping. They did it at the convention I went to in Nov. :good:

Ahhhh Cute, Lets gets more people doing this for January Will Be fun. :hyper:

I think a comp is in order. Gill can be the guest judge! I think this is something for the future,llj ;)

I think a comp is in order. Gill can be the guest judge! I think this is something for the future,llj ;)

Iron man Aquascape - the pico challenge...

:lol:

The 90ml Dutch may be something to try in the future. Was actually going to send a picture of this scape to Michael Kane (can't remember if it's K or C) over at UF. He did the tissue culture workshop at AGA, & he has a good sense of humor. :lol:

good choice of plants :) they are a good size for the scale of the 'tank' :p

Give me a second to eat lunch and I'll post what the plants originally started from. It's actually super cool.

Off to lunch...

Llj

good choice of plants :) they are a good size for the scale of the 'tank' :p

Give me a second to eat lunch and I'll post what the plants originally started from. It's actually super cool.

Off to lunch...

Llj

OK, I got the myriophylum pinnatum from a tissue culture. This is the original size and shape of Myriophylum pinnatum... Obviiously way too large to go into my pico tank...

file_30_13.jpg

As everybody knows, I went to the AGA convention this year and participated in a tissue culture workshop conducted by Michael Kane from UF. We mostly practiced sterilization techniques and transfering prepared cultures. Our work station... The circle of red shows the stem samples of myriophylum that we had to culture.

DSC02327.jpg

We placed the portions of stem into a culture medium infused with growth hormone. A picture from right after I returned.

DSC02832.jpg

About 2 weeks later showing considerable growth.

DSC02820.jpg

It then became the plant that is in the pico now. Neat huh?

llj

Submitted it for TOTM for January. Have a video & will try to upload it later tonight.

Still smallest at ~15ml... :lol:

Llj

i just might pico a test tube...now that would be something! :lol:

Go for it!!!! The more the merrier... :good:

And just when you thought it was over... llj goes YouTube... :hyper:

Yes, the tv was on while I was taking the video. :rolleyes: I love my new iPhone 4. It takes very good video. Don't know if you can see it here.

llj
PS: Still the smallest... :lol:

Most reactions

Back