The New Arrivals! Their Here, Their Here!

Aquatic_Az

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, finished my tank stocking today with the new arrivals! I bought 2 more platy (panda platy) to keep the other 2 company and also bought my 'centre piece' fish as it were, which is 2 bolivian rams. Also I bought a nice lava rock for them to use as a cave etc.I know its abit of a gamble with the rams as I know they are sensitive to poor water conditions etc. but I thought id take the risk this once as I just couldnt take my eyes off them at the fish shop :p I may well be abit overstocked now, but im gona be doing twice a week water changes now.

Anyway enough of the chat more of the new arrivals:

DSC00643-1.jpg

DSC00641-1.jpg

DSC00646-1.jpg

DSC00644-1.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

My pictures really dont do the rams colourings justice, as they are fantastic! :D They are still quite young I think too.

So the stocking for this tank is:

1 Tuxedo Platy,
1 Galaxy Platy,
2 Panda Platy,
4 Firetail Guppies,
2 Bolivian Rams.

And thats it, this tank is finished as far as stocking goes, now onto setting up my betta tank :D

Any comments and advice very welcome :drinks:

Nice fish although those are blue rams not bolivians. You might find they dont do so well as they really should have a mature tank and even then can be a bit iffy.

i love your background mate what is it?

Not a big fan of plats but those panda plats look class

Thankyou very much :D One even has half its mouth that is actually black however I couldnt capture this in the pics.

My background is just a piece of double sided picture roll I bought from my LFS, one side is glossy and has plants etc and the other side has a matt finish with a picture of a rock wall, which is obviously the one im using currently :)

Tank looks great and the Panda Platies are lovely.
Not a big fan of stick on backing so well done for making yours look so good! :good:

nice tank :D

i love your rams they look very nice

is tht a juwel rekord 60?

Im not 100% sure as I got it off my brother, but yes I think your right :good:

My next plan after setting up my betta tank, will be to buy an external filter, so I can remove the big box inside the tank containing the heater, pump and sponges, which would then give my fishes more swimming space inside the tank.....or even a bigger tank if I can afford it :)

yera hate to inform you that there are blue rams, not bolivian. blue rams, imo, look alot nicer that bolivians but they can be stupidly fussy...almost as fussy as discus! i hope you manage to keep them though! they look pretty sweet against the blue gravel.

im not a big fan on platies either really but i do like the look of your pandas :good:

yera hate to inform you that there are blue rams, not bolivian. blue rams, imo, look alot nicer that bolivians but they can be stupidly fussy...almost as fussy as discus! i hope you manage to keep them though! they look pretty sweet against the blue gravel.

im not a big fan on platies either really but i do like the look of your pandas :good:

Yeah Ive read comments like this before, will just have to see how it goes I suppose :)

Fed them today some bloodworm and daphnia and they gobbled that up straight away! Their colours really came out at feeding time. Will see how they take to the flakes during the week.

I really hope they survive in my tank, as I think they look awesome and will look even better when they grow into adults :D

Im here to stand up for the platies.

I keep peppermint ones and some blue ones.
In the same tank as some Blue Rams

the rams hang out with the platies as if they were one in the same.

i find platies breed REALLY easily. Mine like rabbits anyways. Which in turn feed the other fish.

Im here to stand up for the platies.

I keep peppermint ones and some blue ones.
In the same tank as some Blue Rams

the rams hang out with the platies as if they were one in the same.

i find platies breed REALLY easily. Mine like rabbits anyways. Which in turn feed the other fish.

hear hear

I think with fish tanks i just gotta love the way others do what they do and what they do with for stock.

To me I try to appreciate everyone elses tank for the tank that it is yours looks good

Most reactions

Back