The Final Water Change

glad i did a cycle with fish in it then

you could be basically starting all over again if youve got real bad tapwater, or if your substrate doesnt have enough bacteria in it as well

glad i did a cycle with fish in it then

you could be basically starting all over again if youve got real bad tapwater, or if your substrate doesnt have enough bacteria in it as well

I wouldn't be celebrating yet. Your poor fish went through alot of stress and alot of poisoning while your tank cycled which will probably reduce their lifespan.

Your filter media is what is going to have most of your bacteria in it.
I don't understand what you mean by bad tap water.... probably nothing that some dechlorinator can't fix if it's high in chlorine and such....

the fish i cycled with have been given away, and they have responded saying they are all in good health and have even spawned fry

that was a fair while ago now though, so maybe your mixing me up with someone else?

As far as the declorinator question I usually add it to the water in the tank just before I start adding water. Of coarse our water has no Chlorine but Im not sure about the other metals so I use it anyway.

Most reactions

Back