The Filter/heater Sliding Down No Matter What! Help Please

lucc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
HI EVERYBODY - SINCE I´M NEW HERE I HAVE GOT A LOT OF QUESTIONS:). SO, I´M ASKING YOU DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY TIP - HOW TO PREVENT FILTER/HEATER SLIDING DOWN? THE SUCKERS DOESN´T SEEM TO HOLD THE WEGHT. I TRIED TO CLEAN THE GLASS UNDERNEATH BUT THAT DOESN´T REALLY WORK. IT´S VERY FRUSTRATING.... THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT AND HELP. LUCC

What Filter/heater is it

I have a stack of three of those "clay doughnuts" (came with aquatic plants) tied together under a problematic filter of mine, allows me to position filter at the height I want it and reduces the chance of a squashed Persian Killi!

suckers are probably flattened, eBay is a good source of replacements

What Filter/heater is it
TO BE HONEST - IT CAME ALL INCLUDED WITH MY TANK. I DON´T THINK WE CAN SAY THE BRAND ON THIS SITE? DO I REMEMBER THE RULES RIGHT? OR AM I TOO PARANOID? THANKS LUCC

I HAVE IT ONLY 10 MONTHS AND I´VE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT FOR A WHILE ALLREADY.
THANKS FOR THE HELP DORESY. LUCC

I have a stack of three of those "clay doughnuts" (came with aquatic plants) tied together under a problematic filter of mine, allows me to position filter at the height I want it and reduces the chance of a squashed Persian Killi!
YES... OR FREAKING SILVER DOLLARS OUT!!! THANKS I WILL TRY TO GET HOLD OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT. LUCC

Ok.. please.

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

dayum.

On that note, when mine don't stick, I just push harder.

But if they look flattened, replace with new ones.

clean your suckers with
some vinegar that should
help if not it might be worth
having a look on eBay for
some new sucker or then again
you could always prop it up
with a rock

I had a similar problem with the sucker on my thermometer before... its been stuck to glass for ages but then all of a sudden kept coming off...i was about to buy a new thermometer ($1 at wally world) but I did a little "experiment" first... take the sucker out of the tank and let them dry out....maybr an hour or two.... seemed to work for me.... had no problem since

I had a similar problem, heaters/internal filters attach much better when the tank is empty

I had a similar problem, heaters/internal filters attach much better when the tank is empty
Thanks a lot will try to do that - I´ll try to stick it on before I put the water back. thanks lucc

I had a similar problem with the sucker on my thermometer before... its been stuck to glass for ages but then all of a sudden kept coming off...i was about to buy a new thermometer ($1 at wally world) but I did a little "experiment" first... take the sucker out of the tank and let them dry out....maybr an hour or two.... seemed to work for me.... had no problem since
Thanks a lot - will try it ... lucc

clean your suckers with
some vinegar that should
help if not it might be worth
having a look on eBay for
some new sucker or then again
you could always prop it up
with a rock
ok thanks a lot lucc

I agree. My aquaball kept on slipping down, fitted new suckers and it hasnt budged since
and of´course will try this one.... thanks a lot lucc

My really heavy filters slip too. I put a rock underneath
Thanks that is also a posibility - true (only that silver dollar likes to go under to hide there from time to time) lucc

Ok.. please.

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

dayum.

Thanks, they don´t stick no matter how much u push, they don´t look flat, but I will buy new anyway. thanks. lucc

Ok.. please.

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

dayum.

Yes got your point (cap locks) - it is very annoying.... thanks

Thanks - will buy new ones and try all the other tricks everyone does. lucc

Thanks for the tip. lucc

Most reactions

Back