The Evolution Of My Tank

fishlette

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i did a full revamp of my tank today and i gotta say im pretty chuffed with it :) it wasnt what i had envisioned but i think it looks better :)

this is the before shot. crappy dying plants and nothing to interesting

morefish2007.jpg

and this is the new improved version

revampedtank008.jpg

revampedtank004.jpg

revampedtank014.jpg

i think it looks a littlee more grown up :)

Looks great! :good: What are the plants at the back right?

Only one criticism, I would move the thermometers round the side of the tank. :thumbs:

You must be pleased.....thanks for sharing :drink:

Looks great! :good: What are the plants at the back right?

Only one criticism, I would move the thermometers round the side of the tank. :thumbs:

You must be pleased.....thanks for sharing :drink:

the thermometer is one i take from tank to tank. i have the stick on ones on every tank but i have a digital one with a probe that i move around to check temps cause its more accurate

have no idea what those plants are...theyre fake!! lol i have a mix of fake and live in there

it does look alot better :good:

one thing: the plants in the foreground where your bumblebee goby is sitting, you'll need to make sure there rhizomes (the bit the leaves are attached to) aren't buried. You can still bury the roots, just watch out for the rhizome because it'll eventually rot.

EDIT- and they're anubias species

Nice new layout but i would go for a plain coloured background if it was me. I would have a blue or black background as this would bring the colour of your plants and fish out more.

it does look alot better :good:

one thing: the plants in the foreground where your bumblebee goby is sitting, you'll need to make sure there rhizomes (the bit the leaves are attached to) aren't buried. You can still bury the roots, just watch out for the rhizome because it'll eventually rot.

EDIT- and they're anubias species

thanks for that. i didnt know that about them. one was out the other was under a little. they should be getting tied to bits of driftwood soon anyway. i only leave them in the tank while they grow a little and then attach them to the wood and let them grow some more then sell them at work.

Nice new layout but i would go for a plain coloured background if it was me. I would have a blue or black background as this would bring the colour of your plants and fish out more.

i agree! i have ordered some of the blue/black background at work which should be here soon. i just wasnt going to pay $15.00 for one somewhere else when i get it wholesale at 95c per metre i really want the black background in there. with the white sand and the green plants i think it would look really good

thanks for that. i didnt know that about them. one was out the other was under a little. they should be getting tied to bits of driftwood soon anyway. i only leave them in the tank while they grow a little and then attach them to the wood and let them grow some more then sell them at work.

ah right. yethey'll look good on wood, nice plants :D

Most reactions

Back