The Dream Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My dream tank would be a 75 gallon "tall tank" with 5 large angel fish, and plants etc;

I would definately hate it if my clown loaches come over to my bedroom tank at night time and started clicking over my head.

You could just fit a reducer in the connecting pipes to stop bigger fish entering your room, do Clown Loaches click?

Yes, they do and very loud too. The funniest time I had was one morning when I came to a very noisy tank, the clowns clicking away over newly laid cory eggs, running with them stuck on their noses :lol:

My dream tank would consist of a big tank in every room in my house with large glass pipes running through walls connecting each tank together, each tank would be filled with plants and have their own theme, this system would have all different types of fish.

The fish could travel round where ever they wanted, and I would have small power heads dotted round here and there to keep the flow rotating.

Cleaning would be an issue but it is only a dream after all :lol:
now were talkin

Well I don't know whether it is my dream tank, but my husband and I were just talking about filling a basement with a massive tank filled with as many corys as possible, so they would line up and look like something out of 300... or North Korea. :lol:

I would love clown loaches, and could definitely have a few in a 200 gallon. :D

I'm easily pleased so my dream tank would be I'm the region of 300 gallons+ with a pair of parachromis dovii. My favourite fish :)

180 UK gal/210 US (8x2x2) is shortly on the way (hoping to have It by jan or feb). I have a dovii but unsure if its a male or female. If its female it can live in my 125gal. If its male it will hopefully be going in the 210 and my flowerhorn can have his 125gal back lol (currently in a 40gal)

My dream tank is a well planted one the size of a room in which i could swim in with a crap load of cutie pie platies. Lawl. Just kidding i wouldnt want to squish them in my armpits and toes on accident.

I haven't researched tons of fish yet, and have limited experience of my own, but I know basically what I would like :lol:

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories
2 or 3 nerite snails of different colors
A school of some kind of shrimp (don't know enough to pick one type, but I know I would want them B-) )
2 schools of contrasting colored other fish - not sure which though :)

I haven't researched tons of fish yet, and have limited experience of my own, but I know basically what I would like :lol:

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories
A school of some kind of shrimp (don't know enough to pick one type, but I know I would want them B-) )
Take it you like corys? Lol

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories

Lol, I could watch them snuffling about the floor for hours! They're so cute!

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories

Spot on, this would be the best tank ever. I'll probably change the cory species to gold laser, duplicares and albinos, pygmies, and school of otocinclus. The pygmies and otocinclus swim in the middle so that would do for me. The albinos and gold lasers are acrobats and are all over the place. I've never tried duplicares but I always wanted some. Adding any other fish, would either eat the eggs, or eat the corys food, etc..so no good. :lol:

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories

Spot on, this would be the best tank ever. I'll probably change the cory species to gold laser, duplicares and albinos, pygmies, and school of otocinclus. The pygmies and otocinclus swim in the middle so that would do for me. The albinos and gold lasers are acrobats and are all over the place. I've never tried duplicares but I always wanted some. Adding any other fish, would either eat the eggs, or eat the corys food, etc..so no good. :lol:

I don't love yellow fish, and for some reason, any albino fish give me the creeps a bit, so both the albino and gold laser are out for me. But the duplicares look cool! I change my choice from sterbai to the duplicares. I've never heard o them before, but that's only because I haven't seen them in my local places, lol.

A for fish eating the Cory's food... my cories eat just fine now, and I've got them in with a guppy, 2 endlers, and an African dwarf frog. I've even got the frog eating despite the cories, so everyone seems to be happy, lol.

Corydoras duplicareus are just a poor man's (duplicate!) C. adolfoi anyway, you should get the 'real thing' :p
(I'm only kidding with you, they're a lovely fish.)

I have to say, you're all being rather dull on this thread; it's meant to be a 'dream' tank, not a 'what I'll have one day' tank ;)

I'd have a pressurised marine set up so I could keep benthic bioluminescent jellyfish and squid.

Well, your hubby sounds a handy sort of bloke, maybe you could swap him for a bigger tank ;)

Most reactions

Back