The Big 75 Gallon Question

MrMagoo

Reaction score
I am doing research on what fish would be good for a community tank. It will be 75 gallon freshwater. I love blue rams but I only want 2 males and 4 females. I would like a school of cardnal and neon tetras and maybe a school of cory fish. I thought maybe a Leopard frog pleco would be neat. Other than that I do not know what I want in there. I want kinda odd balls but beautiful fish. Not way to hard to take care of but great to watch. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! :good:

How about some nice shoals of Rainbows, there are plenty of species available in different sizes but all have plenty of colour.
I also think that a dozen or so of Kuhli loach and a few large shrimp could also be a possibility.

How about some nice shoals of Rainbows, there are plenty of species available in different sizes but all have plenty of colour.
I also think that a dozen or so of Kuhli loach and a few large shrimp could also be a possibility.

Thanks for the ideas. I am also kinda wanting the odd balls i guess you could say. Know any good ones?

Thanks for the ideas. I am also kinda wanting the odd balls i guess you could say. Know any good ones?

trouble is nearly all of the oddballs i can think of will have your neons and cardinals for lunch :crazy:

It really is best to either go with the oddballs or community :) with a 75 you could have a nice tank full of either really, thats personal choice, once youve made that decision then you can ask some more detailed questions regarding compatability/tank sizes etc.

The Madagascan Rainbow (Bedotia geayi) is real nice, lovely fins. Not quite as active as other rainbows. These do fall under the oddballs section!!!

Most reactions

Back