The Babies Are Here!

cichlidmommy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My fish finally had her babies. One problem, she won't let them out of her mouth. This morning one was out, and when I got home from work, it was gone. I can see into her mouth, and I see little eyeballs :)

Is there anything I can do to get her to release them?

have you looked up striping, this is when you pick the fish up stick a pencil or sommething in the fish mouth and either not sure witch but push all the babies out OR pry open the mouth and let them drop into the fry tank

look it up on the internet or something i'm not sure if it applies to your situation

hope this helps

goodluck

She is a Labeotropheus fuelleborni OB. I'll take some pics of them once they come out.

Right now, I have the light off, and she is covered up. I figured if she is nervous, the darkness might help her. They look like they are all alive, so she is just bein a very protective mommy

:wub:

Just a little update...

She finally spit them all out today. I went from having 5 little ones to having 25 little ones. It is just amazing she had all those babies in her mouth. I tried to take some pics, but way the tank is made, it gives a nasty reflection (hexagon shaped).

I am so happy they are finally all out.

And, it is amazing the way they play. They are just days old, and are already chasing each other around and playing.

:wub: :kana:

Is this the only breed in the tank? I still have yet to have a spawn live in a tank with the parents...mouthbrooders that is. I would love to see one of my mouthbrooding moms be protective for once...they just spit and the babies are instant live food. Savoryi and brichardi however, are a whole different story.

Most reactions

Back