Tetratec Filters

MadMan-JaMeS

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm thinking of subscribing to PFk and getting a tetratec filter for a knock down price but wondered if they are any good ?

only want it to run on a planted tank when i've set it up not gonna have many fish so it won't be doing nothing strenuos....

something like the Ex600 would be fine are they easy to maintain and any good ?

I use tetratec in 1 of my tanks right now and have used them previously and have never had a problem with them. My parameters are always great, I have never had one break down on me unless it was over 12 years old!! The filter media is also fairly inexpensive, especially at Wal-mart which makes them convienent to buy. I wouldn't say they are as good as canister filters, but they have served me well in the past.

yes the tetratec range of external are very good

i am runniong a EX1200 and have found it easy to maintain and a good flow.

reccomended!!!

Tetratec filters come as canister filters if you so choose.

Check out the EX600, EX700 or the EX1200. They are AMAZING! I bought two coz they are just so easy to use, cheap to run, and keep the tank in prestine condition.

And more importantly, they are much cheaper than Eheim.

I've never had an external, but I would never buy the internal again, it clogs up easily, the suction cups are annoying and the thing can be a pain to take apart.

Hi,

I have a Tetratec EX700. Great price, Easy to set up and easy to maintain. Media is cheap and plenty of room to add more if you wanted to. Runs silently in my experience, the price is even better with the offer that PFK are running.

Richard

a guy is selling two fluval 405's on here for something like £30 so i might get one of those are they any good ?

Most reactions

Back