Tetratec Exf 1200 Leaking

glolite

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi guys
I've had the above external filter running for around 3 years with no problems It started leaking from the cannister lid 18 months ago and I replaced the main O-ring which did the trick. After cleaning out the filter a few days ago the filter started leaking again from the same place. I've replaced the O-ring again but this time it still leaks. I've checked all the hoses which are not leaking, just a slow leak from between the cannister and lid. Has anyone had this problem with tetratec external filters?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

You might need to use O-ring lube stuff on it. When the seal breaks it tends to go down hill from there.

Had same problem with mine. Its the hose adaptor unit which fails and leaks down side of cannister. Ring tetratec on 0080076688766, they will send u a new one free of charge, really good customer service. Iv had quite a few spare parts from them in the past and they've been really helpful

Thanks for that! I'll ring them tomorrow.
yes.gif

techen said:
You might need to use O-ring lube stuff on it. When the seal breaks it tends to go down hill from there.
I used loads of vaseline on the new O-ring but it still leaks
no.gif

Most reactions

Back