Tetras

rfisher

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,

My LFS has quite a good range of tetras, from Neon Tetras to Black Neon Tetras and about another half a dozen different varieties.

Would there be any problems with just keeping all tetras in a tank? :/

Regards,

Rich

Sounds nice! Just remember that they need to school with their own kind, so get at least 6 of a few kinds, not two of each species in the shop.

Sounds nice! Just remember that they need to school with their own kind, so get at least 6 of a few kinds, not two of each species in the shop.

Hi Dwarfgourami,

Thanks for the reply.

I was going to try and get at least 6 or 7 of each the following:

Neon Tetra, Black Neon Tetra, Lemon tetra and possibly Bleeding Heart tetras.

I would also lke some bottom dwellers. Could you recommend anything that will be O.K with all these tetras.

Thanks,

Rich

Cory would be good, in a group. You might feel you lack fish as a centre piece, but you could always consider something like dwarf gourami, maybe further down the road. Assuming you have the space, of course!
Or maybe add danio group to replace one of the tetra groups, to get more activity at the top? Or hatchet fish? I THINK penguin tetra also shoal at the top.

if you want fish the school on the bottom i would recomend Corydoras Scwartzi. i have 14 of them and they just move around in the schoolthen they will split and move in two groups

the groups usually consist of a min of 3 per group then they all come back to gether. it is cool.

so a group of 5 is enough for a smaller tank

If you want an all-tetra tank a pair of Emperor Tetras would be great as a centre-piece fish. They are peaceful and beautiful, the male has the most amazing bright blue eyes and the female has green eyes. Purple Emperor Tetra males are the best coloured.

Most reactions

Back